“The Oak at Hockley Heath is fantastic!!”

The Oak Hockley Heath
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The premises both internally and externally including the bar, restaurant and function room have been completely refurbished in a contemporary, bright and luxurious style. We have built 63 brand new, comfortable and cosy guest rooms, all with en-suite facilities ranging from our Standard double or twin rooms through to our Royal Suite. The Oak Hotel is located within the beautiful Warwickshire countryside and is within easy reach of Birmingham, Solihull, Stratford Upon Avon and Warwick making it an ideal base to explore these and the surrounding areas or when visiting any of the wide range of attractions on offer including the LG Arena, Birmingham NEC, Warwick Castle, Shakespeare County and Cadbury world to name but a few. You can find out more here. Situated less than a mile from Junction 16 of the M40 with ease of access to the main road networks including the M42, M6, M5 and M1 and only 12 miles from the Birmingham Airport our central England location makes us a great venue for business or leisure. Wendy and her team offer a very warm and friendly welcome with first class hospitality whether you are here to enjoy a coffee or drink as you pass by, a meal in the restaurant or an overnight stay with us. Here at The Oak Hotel we also host business conferences, meetings and other special events including weddings, anniversaries and parties and we are always happy to work with you to provide exactly what you need. Here at The Oak Hotel we are now fully licensed for marriages and civil ceremony's please visit the Warwickshire County Council website for more information https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/ApprovedVenue/venues/158 We hope to see you in the very near future!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The Oak at Hockley Heath is fantastic!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Oak has got to be our new guilty pleasure! We have dined here a number of times recently and can say in all honesty that the food is fantastic. There is a lovely lady named Susie who is really friendly, accommodating and welcoming. In fact all of the staff seem really attentive. We felt relaxed from the moment we arrived, ordered a great bottle of wine and enjoyed the food from the really reasonable menu. Looking forward to our next visit.....

• Visited May 2013

solihull
“Now called The Oak - All round great Sunday lunch”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My first visit, very friendly staff, lots of space, nice decor, very welcoming. Food was excellent all round. presentation, cooking, service all very good indeed. I cannot understand why this restaurant has change chants so many times ove the years, the building is magnificent and now with this level of service, food and ambience, it should succeed, jut give it a go, you will come back, I certainly will.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank fuzzyted
Redditch
“Band night”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went here with my wife and sister-in-law and her husband to see Jonney and the Zephyers. First the good parts; the group were very good if you like rock an roll and a debut group came on for 30 mins called Sub Sahara who were also good especially doing motown. The down points were that the room used what was fairly big but I feel was not laid out to give a better nights experience. There was no seating or table arrangements for those who just wanted to listen and have a drink so you had people standing everywhere with drinks in hand, this was the situation on the dance floor also, what must have sent the risk factor off the scale, add that to the waiters who were walking across the dance floor to take meals into the restaurant what was hindering those who were trying to dance on the bit of dance floor what was left. In my opinion if the management are going into live acts then they really need to have the room laid out so the everyone can enjoy themselves more fully. My rating is for the room layout only not for the live acts or the staff who seemed to be coping very well considering what they were having to do, or the meals that looked quite taste as they were being whisked across the dance floor.

• Visited May 2012
Andy1266, Manager at The Oak Hockley Heath, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
This was the first time we had put of such a large music event! i really appreciate your review as we now no for next time the areas that need to be worked on to improve these events.
Im glad you did enjoy the night as a whole, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kind Regards
Susie
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been to the Warwick previously when it was under different management and was disappointed with the quality of food and the service. However, I'd heard the restaurant had gone under new management so me and a few friends decided it would be worth a visit. We were warmly greeted by a friendly waitress who showed us into the restaurant and later took our order. The restaurant was fairly empty to begin with but the atmosphere was still enjoyable. As the night progressed the restaurant began to fill up which resulting in a relaxing and friendly environment. I had the 'risotto balls' for starter, the chicken for main and lemon tart for dessert and I have to admit that I do not think I have enjoyed a meal as much in a long time. Overall the service was brilliant, especially the waitress who was lovely and very attentive. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great! Will definitely be making a trip back to The Warwick as soon as possible!!!!

• Visited April 2013
West Midlands UK
“Lovely food, great service - give it a chance.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went to Umberslade Farm and as we drove home thought we've not been out towards the Oak for a while. Now found it's called the Warwick. Was disappointing to see it so empty on Easter Monday, but we did arrive at 12noon. We left at 1330 and we were the only diners it seemed. Brilliant food, we did the 2 courses for £10 and for our toddler we had fish gougons. They replaced the chips with mash for us. I had risotto/mozerella balls and my husband a tomato soup. Both absolutely lovely. We dine lots at the Orange Tree, Punchbowl etc and thought the food was on par if not better. For mains we both had the chicken with leeks + crushed potatos. Gorgeous creamy sauce. That was better than most meals I've eaten at the Orange Tree. It was sad to see it so quiet and I really hope people will give it a go. Difficult to create an atmosphere with such few people but I can imagine it will be lovely. I certainly enjoyed listening to some very old Amy Winehouse tunes. Toilets clean. Very friendly to our little lady too!

1 Thank Cerise08