All reviews pork sunday lunch a large car park turkey plenty of hot water stayed here for one night excellent value for money comfortable beds an extensive menu great carvery railway wedding bath kettle bridge meats
Selected filters
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

The wake was held here as it was the nearest establishment with a function room large enough for the number of mourners that had attended the funeral.

Hot and cold buffet was the order of the day served by friendly and competent staff. Clean and tidy too so absolutely no complaints! Large carpark which we managed to fill so I don’t know if there is any overflow parking attached but wouldn’t think it would be a problem for the casual visitor.

I notice that there has been some negative feedback for this hostelry but speak as you find, no one in our group expressed any negativity whatsoever.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

Had great Carvery which had loads of different vegetables to choose from and three different meats. Food cooked perfectly for our taste.

Delightful desserts and numerous choices. The bill was reasonable for 14 of us. The staff were brilliant and could not do enough for us.

Advisable to book as a very popular and busy place. Definitely will go again. Well done to all the staff made us feel really welcome.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Craig H, Owner at Beambridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Your review is very much appreciated. I will pass on your comments to the team, who will be thrilled to know they left such a positive impression on you.
See you soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We were advised to book as they probably wouldn’t accept walk ins. We arrived at 7 pm. There was no one in the restaurant and then only 2 other parties were eating. We ordered to then be told they didn’t have the meat platter because they were hosting a wedding. Bad management on food orders as food for the wedding should have been catered for separately. Then changed order to be told that wasn’t available either. Settled for third choice then it came with sweet potato which I wasn’t too happy about. One member of our party ordered pork and apple cider pie bit in the bill it said turkey. Who knows what it actually was. We were advised we could get a 10% discount on showing our holiday let key fob but on asking the waitress she didn’t know anything about it. Saying she would ask. But never came back with an answer. It was not taken off the bill but on mentioning this again we were told ‘of course. We will adjust this. There were flies hovering around the table throughout our meal and then a visit to the ladies was the icing on the cake. Dirty and well used because of wedding guests. No light in one cubicle no soap in one dispenser and the hand drier didn’t seem to want to work properly. However one of our party was happy with their food.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank arrow_woman
Craig H, Owner at Beambridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

I can only apologise for the number of errors during your visit. The fact we had sold out of a number of items was nothing to do with the wedding, but an earlier busy session at lunchtime. From your feedback, I would think that the person serving you hadn't taken the time to understand what dishes were affected by the trade earlier in the day. I will also ensure I address the matter concerning the discount that we offer to NHS staff and to a number of local accommodation sites, as I believed all the team have been made aware of this.
We will review how we maintain the cleanliness of our facilities throughout the day, particularly when we host an event, to ensure that soap is readily available and that if any bulbs go throughout the day, that we have the opportunity to change them, rather than do this only first thing in the morning. Looking at previous reviews, this appears not to be too much of an issue for us but perhaps just an oversight for this particular day, which in itself is not acceptable.
Whilst I would like to make amends for our shortcomings during your visit, I suspect you were just visiting the area, but appreciate you taking the time to share with me your experience. If you are visiting the area again within the next 6 months, if you would like to visit us, perhaps you would contact me and i would be happy to make an adjustment to your bill.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

had an awful meal at this restaurant. The steak was chewy and couldn't be eaten, the chips were burnt, we asked for French mustard and was given English, the sweet potato and avacado salad arrived without avacado, we was given a side plate of rock hard avacado when we asked where it was. customer service was non existent, there were only three other tables being used in the restaurant so not busy, we were never asked how our meals were and wasn't told about the "specials menu" until we saw it ourselves on our way out. might of stayed for dessert but like I mentioned the waitress never returned to our table so we paid our bill at the bar.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank xxDeeDeexx
Craig H, Owner at Beambridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2019

Apologies for the delay in responding to your review, I must have missed it coming in.
Clearly there are many failings on our part and I will not attempt to justify them, only offer my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations nor delivering on our own service principles.

I can assure you, and you only need take a balanced look at the reviews on here, that these are not the standards we strive to achieve and offer my assurance that should you chose to return, then your experience will be more in keeping with our service aspirations. If you do chose to return then perhaps you could make yourself known to me.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Took my wife and family there for a Birthday luncheon, whilst there was an extensive menu we all settled on having a carvery, portion sizes offered- Small, Standard and Large, the normal fare offered, pork, beef and Turkey all cooked admirably albeit the beef was not as rare as I like. Ample veg if a little safe, where were the parsnips and Brussels
?, however this did not detract from the delicious food. Whilst we did not have a dessert, there was a large selection items too tempt even the most jaded palate.
My only real complaint was the lack of waitress staff, it took time to order another round of drinks. Get there early if you need the lower car park if one or other of you are disabled
!