“Glad I went off piste ! Recommended.”

Ye Olde Pounde Cafe
Etwall, England, United Kingdom
“Glad I went off piste ! Recommended.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Ye Olde Pounde Cafe and is a proper traditional breakkie cafe. Inside it looks like a typical cafe, little tables scattered around and a small kitchen at the back, the prices are really reasonable though. For a full fry up with all the trimmings and toast and tea or coffee for about a fiver. I stumbled on the cafe quite by accident when the M42 was blocked and I decided to go off piste on my journey to Cheltenham.
The cafe is spotlessly clean and I recieved a very warm welcome from the staff. As for the food the portion size is really good. You get:
2 slices of toast
fried bread
2 sausages
2 rashers of bacon
a fried egg
a hash brown
Tomatoes
& baked beans
Everything on my plate was beautifully cooked. The fried bread was perfectly crispy, the sausages were cooked perfectly as was the bacon, the egg was just as I like it, runny and the baked beans were nice and hot! Over all this is a brilliant price for a tasty breakfast! I would recommend this cafe to anyone!

• Visited February 2014