“Ideal place for a Pre wedding family gathering”

Best Western Plus Henley Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Henley in Arden
Yoxall, United Kingdom
“Ideal place for a Pre wedding family gathering”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here with family for wedding . Ideal . Nice friendly staff and comfortable surroundings . Clean and tidy . Stayed in Chamberlain suite which was a superb room. Breakfast was plentiful and you can get different types of eggs but you have to ask. Overall really enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be small but you can't go wrong with the suites
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
henleyhotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Henley Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. I’m pleased to hear your positive feedback regarding our hotel, we try our very best to provide each and every one of our guests with a welcoming and comfortable stay. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. We thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We do hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.
General Manager of Henley Golf & Country Club and Henley Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Arriving at the hotel on friday night, we were automatically upgraded as the hotel was quiet to the Bridal Suite as we had asked for a large bed, so in itself that was very impressive. Asked reception if we could order a taxi and the receptionist assisted with offering us a FREE shuttle into Henley. Their and back after closing time. Had a lovely meal at Matracadis, high street. Requested breakfast in bed the following morning, not thinking we would have to go to the resturant and again, they excelled with their custoemr service and brought, breakfast in bed for 2 and a pot of tea. Would hightly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
henleyhotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Henley Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. I’m delighted to hear your positive feedback regarding our staff, we try to offer all our guests a warm welcoming and comfortable stay, as nothing is too much trouble. Once again we thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. We’re more than pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.
Chester
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stay here regularly and have done for many years. The staff are always very friendly and will do anything they can. The reburshment is amazing and has transformed the hotel. It is relaxed and the location near the town excellent for access to many high qualityrestaurants. There are great facilities and excellent parking.

Room Tip: The outer rooms are the best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
henleyhotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Henley Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. I’m happy to hear your positive feedback regarding our staff, we try to offer our guests a warm welcoming and comfortable stay. We’re delighted to hear that you like the new and improved hotel as nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. Once again we thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hope to see you staying here for many more years to come.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This review is going to be strange.

The place looks new and like a previous reviewer very much in the travel lodge appearance, it does lack personality as a hotel.

The staff on reception were very good and organised.

The bedroom was clean and tidy, the shower best I have had use of in a month. The decor looked good but I felt as if it had been slapped over the top of the previous.

Bar menu sufficient but I would have expected much more from a BW service ok but I had to ask for a servette the condiments nobody asked me if everything was alright.

Then I come to sleep. IF THE PERSON WHO DECIDED TO STARTED TO MOVE GLASS BOTTLES OUT OR INTO A CUPBOARD OPPOSITE ROOM 14 AT 02:15HRS WOULD THEY LIKE TO OWN UP I WILL INSERT THE BOTTLE. I apologise to the chef who asked me how I was when I walked into breakfast it was not your fault but you copped for somebody else's stupidness I was knackered.

Breakfast was ok nothing to shout about and nothing special.

By the way get a satellite dish the picture on the tv in bar was a joke.

Will think about calling again but it won't be my first choice.

Don't know what to make of this hotel as a Best Western it needs to find an identity

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. We’re delighted to hear your positive comments regarding our rooms and staff and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. I sincerely apologise for the disruption you were caused, and I take your comments very seriously and I have looked into this matter personally and I can assure you that the appropriate action has been taken to ensure that this is not repeated. I truly appreciate the apology and I will pass this onto the chef, and on his behalf I would like to say thank you. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a better experience.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I got married at Henley golf club and stayed at the Henley hotel 2 years ago. We have since been back for our last two anniversary's the service has been excellent we were very well looked after. Staff are very welcoming, service is very good, and the honeymoon suite was lovely. We will definitely be going back in the future.
Mr & Mrs Ball

• Stayed March 2013
henleyhotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Henley Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. We more than appreciate your loyalty to hotel and nothing makes us happier than hearing your positive feedback regarding our Staff and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. We thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We do hope to see you back again next year.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stay in Best western hotels all over the country and as a diamond elite card holder I think I know a good hotel to an average one. I chose this hotel due to the location I needed for work and that it was listed as a plus. It says newly refurbished rooms, well according to the staff it was last year, they also look very dated. The rooms are also very small, and cold. The bathroom is especially cold with a tile floor and almost no heat from the radiator. If you need a shaving point forget it here. The bathroom had dirt / gunge under the shower screen seal which needed cleaning, also if you are 6ft you will need to duck to get under the fixed shower head. The hotel staff are friendly and try their best. I planned to stay four nights bust cancelled after 2 as its far from the best western plus standard. I'm still looking for the reason why it has been awarded that grade. It has no redeeming factors, it looks like a typical motel that has had some building work done to place a covered walkway in front of the old room doors. Yes the reception and bar has had some work done, but covering a burnt cake in icing doesn't make it a show winner.
Would I stay again, would I recommend it, well if you like travel lodge the answer is yes, otherwise forget it. Its well overpriced for the standard expected for the price paid.

Room Tip: Don't bother unless you get a free upgrade to one of the suites
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
henleyhotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Henley Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. Our hotel was fully refurbished in April 2012, less than a year ago, still with on-going changes, improving the hotel all the time. Furthermore It is very disappointing to receive such a review as we work extremely hard to satisfy our customer's expectations but it is also more disappointing that none of your experiences were discussed with any member of staff at the time of your visit, if they were we would have obviously tried to rectify them at the time, rather than retrospectively discussing them without any verification; Every hotel across the country is unique from the next and we are aware that they don’t suit everyone individual taste’s. Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we take seriously your comments and will act that they are not repeated.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Each year I stay at the Henley and each year I have been happy and will return. Yes, the rooms are of miniscule size but I have found this with most rooms in UK hotels. They are fine for single occupancy but last year when there was two of us we were VERY cramped and I would not do that again. All the receptionists are wonderful and cannot do enough for you. Food is good (both morning and night) Wonderful shower with plenty of hot water and lovely giant size towels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
henleyhotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Henley Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. We more than appreciate your loyalty to hotel and nothing makes us happier than hearing your positive feedback regarding our Food and Staff, and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. All our rooms do vary in size and we do offer larger rooms, and in future if you were looking to share again then booking one of our suites (which are larger) may be something to look into. We thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We do hope to see you back again next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henley in Arden
Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel
Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shak...
#16 of 27 in Stratford-upon-Avon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,706 reviews

Been to Best Western Plus Henley Hotel? Share your experiences!