“pleasant wedding stopover”
Review of Henley Hotel

Henley Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Henley in Arden
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night on 19th Jan 2013 following a wedding. We stayed in the Shakespeare Suite which was very nice and soft furnishings lovely, however it was the next morning when we faced a couple of problems. My husband who is a plumber and fits luxury bathrooms for a living discovered that there was no shaver socket in the bathroom ok if staying one night but not good if staying longer and the shower valve had been fitted upside down which affected the hot and cold flow. He said he wouldn,t employ who did it. Breakfast was ok but the fruit selection was a slice of melon when it quoted grapefruit and prunes on the menu and it lacked a bit of attention to detail. However the staff were brilliant especially Monika receptionist and Albert who provided the transport to and from wedding venue was lovley..

Room Tip: Our room was lovely but saver scoket needs sorting and shower valve corrected
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
henleyhotel, General Manager at Henley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. I’m happy to hear your positive feedback regarding your room, we try to offer our guests a warm welcoming and comfortable stay. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. We are aware of the problems men face with shavers and we will be investing in a portable shaving adapter, furthermore I will look into your comments regarding the bathroom as I was not aware there was any such problem, as this is the first I’ve heard of such problem. Regarding our breakfast menu this is something we are reviewing at this present time and we will be looking to improve this in the future. I thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and your compliments shall be passed on. Once again we thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We do hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a family wedding. Its a great little hotel. We had the Warwick suite I think and it was just amazing, great size, plushly decorated with floor to ceiling ( nearly) headboard, lovely bathroom. My sisters suite was even more beautiful, turquoise and cream, great size, just gorgeous. I'll say my negatives, the bar was dear, I suppose as they have a captive audience. Some of the other rooms were quite small that other family members had. But prices were reasonable, breakfast was self serve but very delicious, hot and a good choice. Would happily stay again. A little unassuming gem on the outskirts of a lovely little village.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Mrs-Lennox-Dale
henleyhotel, General Manager at Henley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. I’m delighted to hear your positive feedback regarding your stay. As you found out on the day, all our rooms do vary in size and Executive suites are bigger than our double rooms. I’m really thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. We thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We do hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I booked this hotel the night before a meeting in warwick and what a little cracker it is.
the lounge area is a little dated in design but when I got to the bedroom, It was a good size and modern. Dinner and breakfast could not be bettered and I especially loved the real loaf of bread for my toast. Thank you and I will be staying again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
henleyhotel, General Manager at Henley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. It’s wonderful to hear your positive feedback regarding our hotel and we’re pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us as nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. We’re delighted to hear you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future. Once again we thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Recent refurb has set this place apart and it's quite quirky! Very quiet and very clean. Service good and breakfast good. Has bar and restaurant but many close by also in town about a mile away. Room was very small though And noise does travel easy. Single bed would be better in room 5. I struggled to work with chair up against bed and desk! Happy though and it's very good value.

• Stayed: November 2012
henleyhotel, General Manager at Henley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. We are more than happy to hear your positive comments regarding our hotel. Unfortunately there is nothing we are able to do about the size of our rooms, but each do vary in size, maybe if you stay with us again a suite may be more to your satisfaction. We thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We do hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future. Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently stopped at the Henley Best Western and can recommend the hotel very highly.
The rooms are clean and compact. The staff are lovely and the cooked breakfast was just what we needed some mornings, sausage and bacon were exceptional!. The Chef was very friendly, as were the girls who not only looked after the reception, but the bar too!
The added bonus was the minibus shuttle to the Golf club, the driver was a hoot!
Mrs Crawford,
Dubai

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
henleyhotel, General Manager at Henley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. I’m happy to hear your positive feedback regarding your stay and your kind words about our staff, we try our best to offer a warm welcoming and comfortable stay, with our shuttle service being one of those added little extra’s. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. I shall pass on all your compliments to the girls and our chef. We thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We do hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Last year my hubby and i stayed at the hotel after our wedding at the nearby golf and country club.We returned a year on to celebrate our first wedding anniversary on the 30th sept 2012 and were pleasantly surprised by all the renovations. The hotel looks stylish and contemporary and they now have a honeymoon suite,which we stayed in on request which was totally revamped and lovely, especially the claw footed huge bath! when i booked the room i mentioned it was our anniversary and waiting for us in the room was a bottle of bubbly on ice and a little anniversary card from the hotel.Totally unexpected. I think its the little details like this which makes it a lovely place to stay. Staff were always helpful and chef made the nicest scrambled eggs ive had in a long while for my breakfast. We,ll be going back next year for our second wedding anniversary im sure!Thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
henleyhotel, General Manager at Henley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. I’m happy to hear your positive feedback regarding your stay and your kind words about our staff, we try our best to offer a warm welcoming and comfortable stay, with those added little extra’s. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. We’re delighted to hear you like all the improvements that have been made to the hotel, specially our new addition, the Henley Suite. I shall pass on all your comments to our staff and your compliments to the chef. We thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We do hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I would just like to thank the amazing staff at the hotel for all the help. Myself and my husband chose this hotel for me to get ready at and for our first married night and it was a great decision. From the moment myself and my bridal party arrived at the hotel anything we asked wasn't a problem. Sharan on reception was very helpful and lovely. On the wedding day my chosen make up artist, hair dresser, photographer, florist and car were greeted by reception and directed to my room very efficiently. The chamberlain suite was perfect for a bride to transform for her wedding day. All of our guests that chose to stay on the wedding night were very impressed by breakfast and the rooms. I think this hotel should be included in packages at Henley golf and country club as if we hadn't of done our research we never would of found it. The shuttle service is perfect for guests who want to enjoy the wedding but don't want to worry about driving. From mr and mrs Harris we thank each and every member of staff.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. I’m happy to hear your positive feedback regarding our staff, we try to offer not only our guests, but our visitors a warm welcoming to and I shall pass your comments and gratitude on to Sharan. We are more than happy to hear that you and your guests were happy with the hotel. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. It’s reassuring to hear your comments regarding our shuttle service. We thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We do hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henley in Arden
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#14 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon

Been to Henley Hotel? Share your experiences!