“pleasent experience”
Review of Henley Hotel

Henley Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Henley in Arden
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Recently me and my partner stayed at this hotel, in the Shakespeare suite I think it was, we were attending a wedding, and can I just say it was a beautiful reception at the henley golf & country club and the free shuttle service to and from the golf club from the hotel was just excellent saved us having to drive or even worse get a taxi. We both really enjoyed our stay, and our room was spacious, with a clean modern bathroom and a queen sized bed which was more than comfortable. The black and gold decor was a sophisticated and modern look. The large lounge area was a relaxing atmosphere, with a new bar decorated beautifully. In the morning the breakfast was excellent, all the food was fresh and hot and there was plenty to choose from hot and cold. The staff were all friendly and made me feel more than welcome. All in all me and my partner thoroughly enjoyed our stay and my partner even says he will recommend this hotel to his company who occasionally do business in the area. I would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
henleyhotel, General Manager at Henley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. I’m pleased to hear that you like our newly refurbished hotel and are happy with all the improvements made. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. We thank you for your comments and appreciate everything you have said. We do hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding at Henley golf club. On arrival the hotel wasn't quite what we were expecting, looks more like an American motel. We arrived to a friendly welcome from reception but was disappointed with the room as it was just too small and had a smell of damp. Apart from that it was laid out quite nice, with all essentials.
On getting ready for the wedding my husband realised the sink was blocked and the toilet would not flush. We told reception who explained it may not be fixed the same day so they offered for us to move rooms free of charge. We also took advantage of being upgraded. Due to the wedding we hadn't got time to move our belongings so we were allowed to keep both keys so we could move when we got back.
However after the ceremony the shuttle driver tracked us down and asked for the upgraded key back as our original room was fixed. I thought this was a little cheeky as we had had the inconvenience in the first place which made it awkward for us to get ready and just because we had not had time to move. However we did not give the upgraded key back and discussed it with reception when we returned. I felt very sorry for the shuttle driver to be put into that situation in the first place. Reception did allow us to keep our upgraded room but even this although a little bigger was not much more impressive than the standard room. The double bed wasn't even a double! It was two singles put together which for an upgraded room was disgusting, I don't expect that in a standard room unless you specifically want two single beds.
Breakfast was ok but again nothing special, the toaster was also broken so no toast.
We would have preferred to have stayed in the Premier Inn which in-fact was cheaper than this hotel. Wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel, we appreciate everything you say. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. It is a shame that you feel you will not return to the Hotel in the future and I am sorry on this occasion we have not made your experience a memorable one for the right reasons. Please accept my apologies once again for not exceeding your expectations

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Just returned home from a 2 night stay at the Best Western Henley Hotel. (I was a female travelling on my own in an unfamilliar area.) From the moment of checking in I was treated exceptionally well and throughout my stay all of the reception staff couldn't do enough to make sure i enjoyed my stay, a pleasant change. The standard of rooms is good, all have been newly refurbished, breakfast was excellent, something for everyone, evening meal choice is limited, but the hotel management are aware of this and assure me this will be developed further very soon.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for those on business and to families visiting the local area.
Hope I have to visit this area again, as I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Madam
Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate everything you say. I’m pleased to hear that you like our newly refurbished hotel and are happy with all the improvements made. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. Our bar meals are something we are looking at and we do hope to expand the variety in the future. We do hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.
General Manager of Henley Golf & Country Club and Best Western Henley Hotel

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We got married this April in the Henley Golf &Country Club with our accomadation being at the Henley Hotel, we found the whole experience absolutely fantastic, the main reason i would recommend both of these facilities to anyone is the amazing customer service and all round friendliness of all the staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
henleyhotel, General Manager at Henley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear Gary
Thanks for taking the time to write a glowing review for us. We are delighted you were happy with both venues, and are pleased the whole day went well for you both. At both of our venues we try to offer a high standard of customer service and are pleased we met your standards. We do hope that in the future you will come and stay with us again. And from all of us here at the Henley Golf & Country Club and Henley Hotel, we wish you and your wife the very best for the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We recently got married in Henley golf and country club, and had booked to stay here the night of our wedding, we also had family members who were staying for 3 nights. The hotel is amazing, and the staff could not be any more helpful. The honeymoon suite is beautifully decorated, with a lovely big comfy bed. Also the bathroom is beautiful, with a huge bath tub. Everywhere was extremely clean. The breakfast was also of a very high standard, very hot and a wide variety of choice.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Dear Laura
Thank you for your generous words we do appreciate your feedback, we are pleased to hear you were happy with your stay. We are Delighted to hear you enjoyed the newly refurbished Bridal Suite and here at the hotel we do try our best to deliver the highest standards and we are grateful to hear we provided this for you. Once again we thank you for your appreciative words and take on board your every comment. We do hope you’ll considering staying with us again in the future. And from us all here at the Henley Golf & Country Club and Henley Hotel we wish you and your husband all the best for the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Very friendly and accommodating. Fresh, modern decor and an excellent breakfast. What more could you want!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
henleyhotel, General Manager at Henley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear Sir
Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate everything you say. I’m pleased to hear that you like our newly refurbished hotel and are happy with all the improvements made. Nothing is more important to us than our guest’s satisfaction. We do hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the hotel when we were attending a family wedding, along with lots of family members. Think we had booked all the rooms in the hotel!! Rooms are decorated differently, and all very comfortable. Bed was lovely, with good quality bedding. The wedding was at the golf club, and shuttle bus was provided to and from the hotel, and staff were willing to even do a few runs there and back throughout the day. Staff were extremely friendly, welcoming and willing to please. Even kept the bar open to late :)

Dear Mrs Donnelly,
Thank you for your comments, and I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked your newly refurbished room. We’re very grateful for your kind comments about our staff and appreciate them greatly. We do hope you’d plan on returning in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Henley in Arden
6 mi away
Honiley Court Hotel
Honiley Court Hotel
#11 of 12 in Warwick

Been to Henley Hotel? Share your experiences!