“Good discovery!”
Review of Finest Catch

Finest Catch
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Finest Catch is all about great food, great atmosphere, and fantastic customer service. Order whatever you wish at any time. Just a starter, or just an ice cream, or just a coffee... no problem.
Solihull
“Good discovery!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice atmosphere, both for families and friends. Special mention to helpful and courteous, young staff. Good concept. Excellent value for money, so consequently, the place (no pun intended!) was packed. It's new so everything was clean and tidy, even the loos and you can't say that about everywhere you go these days. Would have preferred to have been able to book but we just turned up and they soon had a table ready for us. Even the wine was nice. The servings were big enough and the pricing structure easy to follow. Will most certainly visit again. My message to the owners - keep up the good work!

• Visited November 2012

Warwickshire
“Great Plaice!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Fantastic fish and chips, place resembles a shiny retro 50's american diner. Spotlesly clean, lovely staff

Visited August 2012
1 Thank sauciehunnibunni
Staffin, United Kingdom
“Fantastic venue, food and service”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Have visited 3 times and been prompted to do this review due to a negative one I have just seen. Every time I have been here the food, service and ambience have been superb and I certainly do like food frequenting many gourmet style restaurants as well as value for money types. My husband is a very fussy eater and is certainly critical of his beer. He thoroughly enjoyed the food and the draught worthingtons! My dad is a typical prawn cocktail, steak and blackforest guy as well as a roast meat and veg man but does like his chips. Took him for the first time today and he was eyeing up the number bus to return (he is in his 80s and unable to drive any more!).

We also introduced the Finest Catch to my aunt and uncle and they are now going around recommending it to everyone as are we (having had it recommended to us when we took our caravan to a site near Stratford on Avon in the summer.

If there is anything to complain about it is the lack of heating in the venue. Today we had a bitter cold wind outside and not only our table but other tables were eating with their coats on due to the lack of heating. Minor niggle as we are likely to visit mainly in the summer months but when we do wish to visit in winter we would like to take our coat off. As I say a very minor detail and due to the staff attitude, value for money and quality of food we will certainly visit again even if we do have to eat in our coats.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Carol E
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Refreshing.. other restaurants take heed!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I am a new 'reveiewer' - the only review I have done so far was a complaint (against a local TOBY CARVERY). My family were not allowed to purchase a junior size meal if over a certain age there. Certain members of my family had been visiting this carvery at least four times a month for the last ten years and never had this problem before! How dare they tell us what we can and can't buy! We will not return there again until they change this stupid and unfair (in my opinion) policy. Obviously Mr Toby doesn't need our custom or our money!! Fine...

However...(and sorry for the rant but talk about BIG BROTHER).... what a different experience we had last night when eleven of us (children and adults with various appetites) visited this restaurant. My first contact was by 'phone - the response was marvelous - a young lady who was eager to please and answer my questions thoroughly. You cannot book there any day after 5pm..(?) however, we arrived at 6.15pm and as the lady had assured me, they were able to fit us in.

We were, in fact, welcomed in.. lovely eye contact and a choice as to where we would like to sit. Tables were even moved around and happily re-arranged for us!

I agree with other reviews about the cleanliness, atmosphere etc.so won't go on about that but - the big point I want to make is THAT THE CHOICE WAS THE CUSTOMERS' NOT THE MANAGEMENT'S. If we wanted a big, small, medium size portion - WE made the decision. Trust me - if you go there hungry - you won't be disappointed - also - if you worry about huge portions (as a lot of older or less active people do..) then you can order a smaller or even a child's size meal - without question - in fact with a big, genuine smile and even a written assurance on the menu that they have no problems with that at all.

We had a lovely, relaxed evening... no feelings of being pushed out to allow for others... very reasonably priced for a menu that was... well... quite basic but well cooked and well presented. The fish and chip type meals are probably their strongest... best for taste.. my partner was not so keen on his spare ribs.. but ok - given that this is not a Michelin star.. (go somewhere else if you want that - or a cosy romantic... low light type experience). It is what others have also said - A bright, happy, American Style Diner.. with a simple menu that works well.. p.s. The children's eyes popped out when they saw their Knickerbocker Glories... still talking about them this morning!!
Thank you. We WILL return - you clearly understand what your customers want.

• Visited October 2012
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“glorious fish and chips”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

What a fantastic place,,Its got a retro look to it,, very good refit,,but its the food,,fish and chips.. generous portions, but it also serves other food to burgers were great,,and the chicken to,,everyone had enough to eat,,and its very reasonable,,and great service to,,give it a try,,you wont be dissapointed,

• Visited September 2012