“One of the best of its kind!”
Review of The Curry Republic

The Curry Republic
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A new Indian restaurant in Henley
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Cannot fault this restaurant. Fantastic service, the staff are always very accomodating and make helpful suggestion for us when we go. The food is just brilliant! Even the basic dishes, just have so much flavour. Its so good we try and get there once a month! You can just tell there is a lot of heart going into it. Other restaurants like this seem to be about the quantity, but here, you deffo get quality!

There are newer reviews for The Curry Republic

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

If Shakespeare was still here he would have written about this curry house. As soon as you walk through the door you are made welcome. Starters were great as usual, Pete always orders a surprise wherever we go, and he got a surprise. Sag base with a large piece of chicken on the bone served with a Madras style sauce he really enjoyed it an from the look on the chefs face he enjoys experimenting with new dishes. My main was from the menu and was fantastic. At the end of the meal I was asked if I wanted a drink on the house. Couldn't make up my mind, Bailey's or Disaronno so asked the owner to surprise me, he bought both I was so spoilt. Thank you

1  Thank Bex210574
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Staying locally on holiday and needed to meet up with my sister and family who live in Birmingham.. Picked this restaurant as it was the highest rated on TripAdvisor and was not disappointed. Booked on-line with a reply in less than thirty minutes. Good service, relaxed and efficient but not intrusive with friendly staff. Good food as well and good quantities. If I'm in the are again looking for a curry, I would be happy to go to Curry Republic again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

It's unusual to see so many fish dishes on the menu at an Indian style restaurant. For that reason I had to try the halibut - it was fantastic! My wife's meal was also great.

The staff were friendly, attentive but not too much so and we had a nice chat with the owner at the end of the evening.

Overall, an excellent dining experience. I will recommend this restaurant to everyone I speak to!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I dropped into the curry republic tonight ( 29/05/13 ) after recieving an invite from Raja to come and try his food. I had been here before a few years ago and have to say I was not impressed at all. How things have changed. My wife and I were made to feel very welcome, and were treated like VIP'S at all times. our waiter Masu, ( appologies if the spelling is incorrect ) treated us like royalty, but not in an overbearing way. The food was absolutely fantastic. My wife had lamb samosas followed by chicken tikka bhuna and I had naga shish kebabs followed by chicken naga which had been spiced up to tindaloo heat for me as I like spicy food. It was cooked properly with spices and not just extra chilly powder which made a pleasant and very tasty change. All in a very pleasant meal in comfortable surroundings and top class service. If you enjoy indian food go and try it out, you will not be dissapointed. I wish I had tried it out after it changed hands instead of judging it on the previous owners. I do not normally give reviews but this establishment deserved one.
PS If there is a dish you like that is not on the menu, you only have to ask and they will prepare it for you. Go now and enjoy.
Phil Wright