“Sunday Lunch”

Dun Cow
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Dunchurch
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Description: The Dun Cow in Dunchurch is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Redditch
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently booked a table for 6 at the Dun Cow, we were meeting two other couples traveling from different areas and it was the most central place, so we were very pleased with the quality of the food and the friendliness of all the staff. Some of us had the Sunday Roast, others chose off the comprehensive menu and all of the meals were cooked to perfection.
It was a bit of a risk to book for others as we had never been there before.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank John M

• Polish first
“Lovely roast, good wine and good company!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having read the reviews on here I was apprehensive about my visit but I was pleasantly surprised. Service a little slow with our puddings but other than that, no complaints. I recommend the rose pinot grigio at only £12 a bottle.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very Busy Country Pub”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The first night we visited these premises the table had been booked for 8pm but on arrival our ttable wasn't ready and when they eventually found us they had an incorrect name! However the food was fantastic as was the service.
The second time we visited over the weekend we hadn't booked and the place was absolutely heaving. Anyway a table was found for us but had to wait a long time to be served (I did appreciate that since they were so busy). I ordered the special, fillet steak en croute,most expensive on the menu and was very disappointed in as much as there must have half a pound of dry pastry on the dark looking piece of meat. Living in Scotland I am used to a more succulent piece of Aberdeen Angus.
Maybe I chose the wrong meal on this occasion but the couple next to us also had a problem with their meal.
Recommend you book before you arrive and eat early.

Visited October 2012
Leicestershire Engalnd
“Pre wedding lunch”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great service and the food was cooked to order. lovely atmosphere and there is a feeling of lots of history. We took our time and no one seemed to hurry us on although we only had a very light lunch

Visited July 2012
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Is there an excuse for serving meat which has gone off??”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

...I don't think so. I visited the Dun Cow on Saturday, I have been many times before and previously given a good review. The place was heaving and even though we had booked a table at 8.30 we were not seated until 9pm. Main courses arrived a about 10pm and my sirloin steak was off ( the smell was awful). I sent it back to the kitchen and whilst not receiving confirmation that I was right, I was offered a rump steak as they conceded that all the remaining sirloins were off. I was not charged for the rump, but to be honest by 10.15 at night and after tasting the sirloin, my appetite was gone.
I would say that looking at previous reviews, The Dun Cow is "hit and miss". Personally, whilst I can forgive poor service now and then I can't forgive a professional kitchen serving me rotten meat!!

• Visited October 2012