Dunchurch Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewswedding venuemaster of ceremonieschristmas partybeautiful groundswedding coordinatorwedding breakfastironing boardgarden roombuffet stylehis teamovernight staymarqueehalleventpipercateringdelegates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a few times on business. Our company first chose it for a large conference mainly to impress foreign guests. The main hotel is absolutely beautiful, I always have a wander around the old part of the hotel and out onto the terrace at the back to enjoy the stunning views. It would be such a wonderful wedding venue. We had a fabulous barbecue on the terrace and we've eaten some really good food during corporate evening buffets. Our only complaint from foreign colleagues was that the rooms were too small.

My most recent stay, and the reason I felt compelled to leave this review, was for pleasure. A pleasant receptionist checks you in while you take in the lovely smell from a huge display of flowers. You're then directed to your room which is in another building next to the car park. A very small room which has outdated decor. There is no wardrobe, simply a rail above the kettle. The walls are very thin so you can hear the tv from next door. On my last stay the bathroom wasn't clean, there were toothpaste splashes on the back of the door along with 2 large dusty cobwebs. This on top of the very tired & shabby decorating, it's such a huge dissapointment after being in the main part of the hotel. The beds are not comfortable and the bedding is old, although clean. The hotel bar is a nice place to be but the drinks are very expensive, a pint of guinness and a coke was £8! The food was nothing special. I would highly recommend going into the village for drinks & food on an evening. The Dunchurch has massive potential to be an affordable luxury hotel if they just invested in renovating the bedrooms. For £50 per night it was ok, but this did not include breakfast, a mistake on our part as we didn't realise when we booked via Late Rooms. I wish we had booked a local b&b for similar money. Anyway, my husband paid for the breakfast. I chose not to eat as there were no warm veggie options. Oh dear, probably the worst cup of tea and the most hideous cup of coffee imaginable. Just terrible! Slimy cheap orange juice. The staff were walking around like zombies and were not at all attentive. We were given grubby coffee cups twice! Being sat in such a beautiful dining room with period features it just felt so wrong that we were having a bad stay. Come on Dunchurch refurbish your rooms, lower your bar prices & improve your breakfast quality.

There are some really good eateries in the village. In particular, the Indian restaurant, Omars. The carvery at the Huntsman is good value with lots of choice (our foreign guests loved it). The Dun Cow pub is also really good too but it's very busy.

1  Thank Sandra T
Officereplies, General Manager at Dunchurch Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guests

I am sorry to read that your last visit was not as pleasant as the previous ones and comment on the issues you raised as follows.

I have spoken to my head housekeeper and brought the issues of hygiene to her attention – I am sorry and assure you this is not the norm and ask you to put it down to as an isolated incident.

As you stated you enjoyed your previous stays and must have been aware that all our bedrooms are detached from the main building as there has never been bedrooms in the main part of the building. With regards to the food it sadness me to read this as the present head chef has been here for a number of years and his food is constantly being complimented. Guests who dined in the aforementioned pub told us that our food is much better, besides one of them can only offer a carvery so I’m afraid you are not comparing like for like.

With regards to the bedroom I am glad you acknowledged that even thou the bedroom is small it represented value for money, same goes for the other bedrooms we have and if I may I would also like to add that you must have stayed during a very busy period as our policy is to upgrade guests free of charge. I would also like to learn where there is a B&B in Dunchurch for £50.00 as according to my research I could not find one.

I have sourced an alternative beverage supplier and from the beginning of April the bar prices will be reduced. I also take exception to your comments about the staff. Your comments are unfounded and our records show you are the only guests that made such complaints about the food and the staff.

I must conclude my reply by stating that I wish you brought the breakfast issues to the supervisor’s or better still the duty manager attention at least prior to departing as we could have at least attempted rectify any of the shortfalls including the breakfast and if seems deemed we could have even refunded you the charges. I also would like to mention that have you made the staff aware of your vegetarian needs the staff would have been delighted to accommodate your request with pleasure.

George Briffa

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've dealt with Dunchurch Park Hotel on both a personal and professional level. Having conducted business with the hotel and finding both the grounds and the staff very nice I decided to use the venue on Valentine's Day, taking my partner for what was a fantastic meal in lovely surroundings, with very good entertainment from the Sinatra-esque singer. The range of facilities on hand for meetings/conferences is excellent for those so inclined. A well recommended venue all round.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Second time we have stayed here and was disappointing. We booked a double room, were given a key to walk to room in a block next to carpark. Old, tired building that smelt dank when you walked in. Room was small and very tired. But worst of all could hear people in room upstairs really loudly, talking and using bathroom! Went back to reception to see if we could move, receptionist very helpful. The hotel was busy as wedding was taking place so couldn't give us another double but moved us to instead to a twin room. Old converted building with character, but room was cold and had plug in radiator. Bath had overflow half way down the bath so not good if you want a soak. Hair dryer couldn't be plugged in near a mirror so a bit hard to do your hair too. Breakfast was very average and in a bland conference room, stayed a few years ago and we ate in main house which was lovely so this was a disappointment. Overall stay was ok for price but could do better

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently moved a regular meeting to Dunchurch Park, and were very impressed. Whilst the rooms aren't the best, a bit reminiscent of a boarding school, the meeting rooms, the private dining room and the food were excellent. So much so we rebooked for the whole year.

If you need a business venue for a small to medium group look no further. The central location of the hotel makes it convenient for almost everyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just wanted to say that we had absolutely fabulous night. The food was delicious and the hospitality was excellent. They have a great group of staff that made us all feel very welcome, from reception to catering staff. Waitress Sandra was looking after us and she did excellent job. We felt welcome and special on the night, we both cant praise her enough for the job she did.
Would recommend it and will come back next year for Valentines day.