“So creative and interesting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Toft Studio

Toft Studio
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Dunchurch
More attraction details
Owner description: A craft studio, shop and coffee shop on an alpaca farm in rural Warwickshire. Set within 50 acres of countryside (and home to a herd of 200 alpacas) visitors can explore the farm along sign-posted footpaths throughout the year and browse the TOFT range of British yarns and knitwear. Come and enjoy our picturesque location and take a stroll in the countryside, shop for woolly gifts and alpaca souvenirs and treat yourself to a homemade cream tea and great coffee in inspiring surroundings. We host a busy programme of crochet and knitting workshops throughout the year, suitable for all skill levels including absolute beginners. Please phone or book online.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Keighley, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So creative and interesting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

What a lovely place. The open day was very well organised, everything just 'fit'; with the posh porta-loos right through to the postcards hanging from the tree-lovely touch! Can see how much love goes into this business and the animals are just too cute with their fluffy heads! Great place for young and old alike

Visited August 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not the place for an out of curiosity visit (no cream teas!)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stopped off here with my daughter on our way somewhere else after reading these reviews. We thought we would have a nice cream tea before we left there. The ladies in the shop were really lovely and its a beautiful place. Unfortunately when we went to look at the alpacas we had to go a different way as some of the footpath was closed off with a big bit of blue string across it. Well, we assumed it was closed off. We eventually found the alpacas but got rudely told off for having gone the wrong way. Apparently you can cross over the blue string. It's just up when they're moving the alpacas. But we weren't to know this as there was no notice. So that put us off a bit. Back at the shop, a little pricey for me and was disappointed to hear there was no cafe. Cream teas are provided when booking onto a tour. Also very poor signage to the toilets. So I have to say I was really disappointed. Not really the place to go if you are just going for a visit. But I'm sure its lovely when you book a tour/class.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank srtay
Swansea, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fantastic day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Kaffe Fassett day was a wonderful day out. The people at Toft organised arrival teas and coffees, a marvellous lunch, and a glamourous macaroon and glass of bubbly to end the day. The organisation was excellent with us broken into manageable groups for the farm tour, and indoor activities. The talk by Kaffe and the book signing was really entertaining. He is a natural speaker , very relaxed and he packed so much into the talk. We were all enthralled by his slideshow and everyone was saying how inspired they were- we all wanted to rush home and create colourful throws! I came alone but there were so many like-minded people there that I soon was chatting away about all many of yarns/needles and projects.

Bristol
“Inspirational Toft experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I attended the Kaffe Fassett seminar in July and had an overall inspiring day. Apart from the seminar which was wonderful in itself the day included an informing tour of the farm and meeting the wonderful Alpacas, time to browse in the lovely shop and seek advise on knitting / using the beautiful Alpaca yarns, lovely food and enjoying the surroundings. I am looking forwad to attending some of the courses very soon to learn some new skills - excellent day out

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Kaffe Fassett workshop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was an exceptionally good day. I came as a plus 1 as my Mum has always been impressed with Kaffe Fassett's designs. However, I really enjoyed myself (she definitely did). The farm walk was fun and everyone around knew everything there was to know about alpacas and were able to pass this information on in an informative manner. I didn't know what to expect from the talk but it explained the way that Mr Fassett thought about colour - even his obsession with vegetables which I have never previously understood. Overall it was well organised and the food was delicious.