Innkeeper's Lodge
$81
  • Restaurant
$78
$65
Travelodge Rugby Central(Rugby)(Great Value!)
$55
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Brownsover Hall Hotel(Rugby)(Great Value!)
$61
Travelocity
All reviewscontinental breakfastquick lunchlast minute bookingempty tablesguy fawkeswell presented and very tastya nice place to stayhistoric buildingnice mealroom was largetea and coffee making facilitiesfamily roomstaff were really friendlystayed one nightovernight stayfull englishcomfy bed
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed at this place recently would never stay again, bedrooms stink of damp, dirty, mould growing on bathroom ceilings, carpets are filthy and customer service is poor, I left a charger in the socket on leaving and when i got back home i called to ask if they could forward it on to myself as i live 150 miles away, and i would reimburse delivery cost. the response i got from a guy called alex i think is name was we haven't got time and put the phone down on me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank i8lfc
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

We’re sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit to Innkeeper's Lodge Rugby, Dunchurch. Thank you for raising this with us, we really value all guest feedback, and we are working closely with the staff to ensure that this doesn't happen again. It is our aim to give every guest the very best service we can, and we have replied to you personally.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was a last minute booking to meet a friend and it looked good on paper.
Hotel and its car park are easy to find right in the middle of the village and booking in for bed and breakfast was easy and quick. The accommodation block was separate from the inn but easily accessible. I was told that the heating had failed but that the engineers were on call - was I ok with this? I thought it was going to be ok.
The room itself was nicely furnished with the usual hospitality tray plus an electric heater should it get cold. What I didn't anticipate was that the temperature would drop markedly so that heating was needed - and the electric heater didn't work - it got quite cold.
I decided to go to the bar and ask if anything could be done about the heating and have some soup to warm me up. Unfortunately nothing could be done about the heating but they offered a complementary Full English breakfast as compensation - plus a hot water bottle!!
Although the en-suite bathroom was reasonable in size the facilities were all cramped too close together - loo, loo roll holder and wash basin on same small wall.
I have known better breakfasts - there was not enough variety on the continental buffet and the cooked breakfast was not inspiring.
However, the staff were very pleasant and tried to be as helpful as they could and extremely apologetic. Evidently the heating had been causing problems for some time but it was seemingly a low priority with the chain.

Room Tip: All rooms have access straight on to the courtyard and are on two floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We are sorry that you had a disappointing visit to our Innkeepers Lodge, and we do appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed for one night in room 6. This is facing the road so it was noisy during the night as it was a hot night and we needed the window open to let in some air. Otherwise the stay was very pleasant. The room was spacious and well appointed. The bathroom was large and clean. The staff were all pleasant and very helpful. Would recommend a stay here but ask for a room that is not at the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Anywhere but the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Penbay2
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at The Dun Cow, Innkeeper's Lodge Rugby, Dunchurch . Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job.
Innkeeper's Lodge Rugby

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent a few hours here over Sunday lunch with some very good friends. Extensive menu and good roast dinner. Our bedroom was large, comfortable and clean, although rather lacking in character, as the walls are just plain with no pictures. Breakfast was good and the staff were all very friendly. Definitely one to be repeated.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room as the one we had on the road side had a lot of traffic noise early on Monday morning.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Innkeeper’s Lodge.
Best regards
Innkeeper’s Lodge Rugby

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Despite living in Rugby for more than five years, before this summer, my husband and I had only eaten here once before, but I've been here twice in quick succession recently and been quite impressed on both occasions.
it's a pretty big pub, with rooms above, and a nice courtyard for the summer.
The food menu is extensive - I've had some light dishes, including a fab pork belly salad, while people I've been with have tried the James Martin pies. Both mine were great, and my friend's beef pie was excellent apparently, but my husband wasn't as impressed with his. Maybe it's down to expectations, or possibly just a slight variation from day to day.
But the sharing platter starter was great, as was dessert (which I tried both times!)
The service is good - you order at the bar, but then it's table service including drinks, and was fairly swift.
It's not gourmet food, but it's good grub at a very good price. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments following your visit to Innkeeper’s Lodge The Dun Cow Restaurant.
Regards