This hotel was recommended to us by family members who are seasoned Shearings customers. They had stayed recently and were particularly impressed by the food and service in the restaurant. When we arrived we were dealt with in a friendly and efficient manner. Our room was a good size and extremely comfortable. A small problem with the electrics was dealt with promptly. However, from the moment we entered the restaurant our opinion went downhill. We were shown into a cold dark annexe where we were served indifferent food in miniscule portions by an indifferent waiter. Oh well, we thought, it's Valentine's Day and they are busy (and what a pity on such a romantic night of the year the chef's special was nothing more imaginative than bangers and mash.) We arrived for breakfast the next morning looking forward to a good meal. We were disappointed! The whole operation seemed totally disorganised. Luckily we could serve ourselves watered down orange and cereal as we always had to wait ages for the waiting staff to take our orders for hot drink and toast. When this eventually arrived they never ever thought to bring a jug of milk with the tea and one slice of toast each! I know we could have asked for more but it was hard enough getting the first lot. Couples often arrived after us and had eaten their cooked breakfast before our orders were taken. Having stayed at Coast and Country hotels before, where the restaurant service has been prompt and efficient I feel The Charlcotte Pheasant is being really let down by its restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in the delightful village of Charlecote, opposite the village church, historic Charlecote House and Deer Park. Those wishing to adventure a little further, The Charlecote Pheasant is just minutes from the historic towns of Stratford upon Avon, Warwick and Leamington Spa. The hotel offers charm and character combined with fantastic new facilities. The Charlecote Pheasant has 69 bedrooms with some beautifully appointed superior and premier rooms.The Charlecote Restaurant with its original solid beams and other features adds to the overall character to offer an informal dining experience. The hotel Bar and Lounge offers a relaxing retreat to read or enjoy an afternoon tea. The Hotel has 4 acres of landscaped grounds to provide a lovely rural feel, sit out in and enjoy a refreshing drink. For the more active there is a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Charlecote Pheasant
- Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
- The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel Warwickshire