I can only say that in all my years of dining out for Sunday lunch with family & friends, this is the worst experience I have ever had. The starter consisted of three choices, chicken liver pate (did not taste freshly made or in house) garlic mushrooms in a sauce (that were not cooked freshly) & a mediterranean veg soup (did not experience this), nothing special there. Had to ask for butter for the ONE slice of toast that was served with the pate & the salad dressing had no flavour.There was a choice of three meats, beef (leather), gammon (dry ham) and crispy turkey (Crispy Turkey!!!). The vegetables, were boiled to soggy shapes & were sat cold on the servery, the Yorkshire puddings looked like cardboard shapes & had the same taste & texture as cardboard. The gravy had no particular flavour and was tepid.
I asked to speak to the head chef & the manager, a chef came out & an assistant manager.
When I made my observations to the chef & asked him if the meal we presented him with was the best he could do, he agreed no it was not. I asked the assistant manager if she thought the meal was of a good standard after some silent hesitation she declared not. I did not complain for a reduction or offer of a free meal, we paid in full & did not accept a further experience. I complained because the standard of food & cooking skills shown are unacceptable. Be warned your money would be better spent at a road side trailer.
Very very shocked that these poor standards are still around, despite the current recession.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in the delightful village of Charlecote, opposite the village church, historic Charlecote House and Deer Park. Those wishing to adventure a little further, The Charlecote Pheasant is just minutes from the historic towns of Stratford upon Avon, Warwick and Leamington Spa. The hotel offers charm and character combined with fantastic new facilities. The Charlecote Pheasant has 69 bedrooms with some beautifully appointed superior and premier rooms.The Charlecote Restaurant with its original solid beams and other features adds to the overall character to offer an informal dining experience. The hotel Bar and Lounge offers a relaxing retreat to read or enjoy an afternoon tea. The Hotel has 4 acres of landscaped grounds to provide a lovely rural feel, sit out in and enjoy a refreshing drink. For the more active there is a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Charlecote Pheasant
- Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
- The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel Warwickshire