We did a 5 day/4 night stay her at the beginning of June. It was a very quiet hotel set out in the countryside. I want to stress how quiet it was even during the night and probably the best nights sleep we had on our 3 week stay in Europe. The breakfast was really good except one issue (see note below about scrambled eggs)and I loved all the different choices.
It was only 10 minutes to Stratford (there is a bus stop right outside the hotel) and about 10 minutes to Warwick Castle.
Some things that need to be improved....there was no nightly entertainment and there is nothing to do where the hotel is located, the evening menu (3 courses were included) was a little same old same old.....a lot of mash potatoes or even mashed new potatoes...the portions were also not so big. The scrambled egg at breakfast...well not really sure exactly what that was as it didn't look like scrambled egg and it certainly didn't taste like scrambled egg ( we just chose poached or fried from then on).
All in all it was a clean, quiet hotel, the rooms were spacious (and we're used to American hotel rooms) and all the hotel staff were very attentive.
I would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in the delightful village of Charlecote, opposite the village church, historic Charlecote House and Deer Park. Those wishing to adventure a little further, The Charlecote Pheasant is just minutes from the historic towns of Stratford upon Avon, Warwick and Leamington Spa. The hotel offers charm and character combined with fantastic new facilities. The Charlecote Pheasant has 69 bedrooms with some beautifully appointed superior and premier rooms.The Charlecote Restaurant with its original solid beams and other features adds to the overall character to offer an informal dining experience. The hotel Bar and Lounge offers a relaxing retreat to read or enjoy an afternoon tea. The Hotel has 4 acres of landscaped grounds to provide a lovely rural feel, sit out in and enjoy a refreshing drink. For the more active there is a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Charlecote Pheasant
- Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
- The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel Warwickshire