“Character hotel within easy drive to Stratford-Upon-Avon”

The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Charlecote
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed as the Charlecote Pheasant over Easter for a family break. The hotel buildings have a lot of character with beams in the lounge bar. My mum and I stayed in a comfortable twin room across the car park and my son was staying in another block. Both rooms were clean and comfortable.
The reception, bar and restaurant staff were all helpful and friendly. We waited a long time to get drinks with dinner and bar service was slow due to the till which took for ever to work; I felt sorry for the staff having to put up with it. We liked the food and found plenty to choose from on our half board terms.
It took about 15 mins to drive to Stratford-Upon-Avon but there are also local buses if you don't want to park in Statford. The hotel itself has ample parking.
All together very good value and we would return.

Room Tip: If your room is in one of the outbuildings you do have to walk across the car park to the main build...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Lucille S
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Many thanks for your review I and the team are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Charlecote is an excellent base to explore the area, Im sure you will be pleased to hear that the till has been fixed and updated ,our thanks for your patience and taking the time to post a review. Hope to welcome you again to the Charlecote Pheasant

Reviewed April 20, 2012

My Husband and I spent 5 days at the Charlecote Pheasant it is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in,the food was superb,and the staff so pleasant and very helpful,we had a standard room,and couldn't fault it.There is also a very convenient bus stop outside the hotel,which gave us an extra day out,the staff gave us a superb timetable,and we can definitely recommend the Motor Museum in Coventry for a superb day out.We would certainly recommend the hotel and hope to stay there again this year.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex and it was superb
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank liverpoollad723
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

it was nice to read your very positive comments on your recent stay here at The Charlecote Pheasant and I shall pass them on to all the Team. We are very fortunate to have the Bus stop right on our door step, and many of our guest find this an added Bonus. We will pass on your comments on the Local Motor museum to all our residents and hopefully they will enjoy it as much as you did. Many thanks for taking the time to post a review

Reviewed April 10, 2012

My Wife and I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel over the Easter period. The staff were welcoming and friendly. We had paid extra for a superior room and were not disappointed. The room was spacious and well appointed with a very comfortable bed, a 32" flat screen television with all freeview channels and a large bathroom. The food in the restaurant was always hot and nicely presented although the service in the restaurant did let it down. It appears that there are not enough waiters and, despite the best efforts of the staff, service was very slow at busy times. We have stayed at other Coast and Country Hotels and found this one to be most charming and best situated.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for a superior room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dieman
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Many thanks for your wonderfull review,I and the team are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and hope that it's not to long before you return. regards John

Reviewed April 8, 2012

In my opinion excellent value for money. I found the rooms to be very clean and unlike the previous posts I thought the food was very good, Breakfast was more than adequate with a choice of cereals, porridge,fruit and juices and a full English which was always served very efficiently. I was only able to recieve the 5 terrestrial chanels on the tv but was told that they hope to have all the rooms upgraded to digital service by the end of the month. This was not a problem as when I go on holiday it is not to sit in my room and watch tv.
Overall I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your break here at the Charlecote Pheasant, and that you are happy with our value for money breaks which we pride our selves in delivering. I hope to welcome you again at the Charlecote, if not at one of our other Coast and Country Hotels

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Having been to two other coast and country hotel before( Exmouth& Bournemouth) and found them to be excellent value we invited friends from Halifax to join us at the Charlecote Pheasant for a weekend break. Upon arrival we thought the setting was perfect, our standard rooms were clean and more than adequate, but a major disappointment was the restaurant. On the first evening the meals were awful, some left uneaten.The second evening reasonable, third evening not good again. breakfasts mostly overcooked and cold,in fact only food hot enough was the soup on last evening. Also presentation leaves a lot to be desired. THe staff were all very helpful, polite and friendly but unfortunately the hotel was let down badly by the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bernard B
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your weekend at the Charlecote Pheasant, we work very hard at maintaining a standard through out the group with regards to food, accomodation and service and we shall investigate your comments with the relevant Depts

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Checked into what seemed a lovely hotel all was nice until I turned on the tv and boy do I wish I hadn't not only did I not have a single channel available as but upon asking at reception several times could somebody please have a look at this for me I was fobbed off several times one of the hotel staff even came into my room snapped the cable in anger and said that was my fault and he would sort a new one and hour later I'm back at reception as he never did come back oh my god I was told to go stay else where as they would give me my money back and to leave the premises in 5 minutes and that I was no longer welcome obviously gob smacked I left my partner who was travelling to stay with me called up to speak to a manager just to be shouted at disgraceful!! I have also taken video footage of my experiance!A complaint has been sent to this hotels head office and thankfully I had a great night elsewhere in stratford upon avon after this experiance I couldn't care less if I'm not welcome again the truth hurts as they say AVOID!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank djattica
sheagm, General Manager at The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Please ignore this misleading review.

I recall you had previously stayed at the hotel and on the last occasion I upgraded your room free of charge to a superior due to a minor issue with the bedroom door.

The room which you had been checked into had been vacated that morning and the housekeeper reported that the TV was working properly.

After you reported that it was damaged and when our staff investigated it, it was found that the cable had been cut and

our receptionist informed that as it was the weekend we could not fix the TV and had no other room to move you in to.

You demanded to be refunded which we gladly obliged.

When the receptionist had not had the key returned she came to the room to find a do not disturb sign on the outside door.

When the room was eventually vacated, on inspection it was evident that the shower had been used as the floor was soaking and all towels had been used, and empty beer bottles all left round the room as well as empty tobacco pouches at the Window and the room stank of alcohol and smoke.

I received a phone call from your partner to whom I explained the facts of what had happened and the state you had left the room in to which she apologised.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Great meals breakfast and dinner included. Dark corridors, very comfy rooms with tea and coffee facilities. Building made to look like original how it was many years ago. Most visitors seems to be of a mature age. Clean, tidy. friendly and also handy to many places of interest. People have their wedding receptions here and their is a lovely little church opposite.

Room Tip: choose bottom floors if you have luggage to carry up.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sue255060

It was nice to read that you enjoyed our Hotel and Surrounding area, we are indeed Luck to have such a beautifull Church across the road from us ,and it also has nice settings and very handy for our Bride and Grooms who book their wedding here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlecote
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
#6 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#15 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel? Share your experiences!