“Excellent food”
Review of The Leopard

The Leopard
Reserve with OpenTable
The Leopard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I came here for my birthday, and was rather impressed by the standard of food...the pork belly was melt in the mouth, and the staff are excellent! i cant wait for my next visit! they have a very well priced set menu too, that doesn't compromise on standard of food, which some do!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were keen to try this place as it's local and seems to get quite a crowd drinking outside on sunny days...

We got shuffled into a room by ourselves initially in the back of the building (never mind the many available tables out the front) where we were mostly ignored, then served by a waitress who was keen to tell us she was snacking on chocolate cake in the kitchen (which is clearly why she screwed up our orders...)

the waiting staff were awful, one told said that brioche was "basically like a chocolate brownie cake right?" and when I requested a different ice cream with my dessert, ignored the request. It took so long to be served I didn't even bother complaining. The food was clearly all microwaved as it was scorching in the middle and rubbery around the outsides... and was bad 'beefeater style' food.

Seriously - lovely looking pub but don't bother, you'll pay gastro prices for bad 90s style microwaved food served by people who don't even know what they are serving (but do get to stuff their faces on chocolate cake so will be too busy eating in the kitchen to come serve you!)

2  Thank commsgirl73
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Firstly the manager is excellent, really runs a tight ship. Lovely bloke and extremely welcoming.
The food can be a hit and miss affair. When the food is good, it is truly excellent. I've had some amazing braised lamb, really top notch (probably best I've ever had). However, I have also had some rather ropey dishes also. Lamb burger is good example, used to be home made from mince, whilst now its a fatty mass produced burger. Don't mind paying extra for homemade burgers, but not for cheap tasting cuts.
Beer is always excellent! Never ever had a bad pint in years, and staff are lovely.
To the pub I would say watch the price increases (5.50 for a dessert), and please bring back the nice homemade mince burgers :)

1  Thank The_Goats_Warwick
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Excellent food, great ambience, great pub with good beers (Abbott, Butty Bach, Peroni) - always top service from Luke and his team - consistently good so it won't be our last visit!

1  Thank Garry S
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I took my team of 10 for lunch. The staff were really helpful, I booked and emailed the meal choices in advance and everything was ready 5 minutes after we arrived. 10 different - yet consistently of a high standard - meals with good service. I have since eaten there several times and its been spot on every one of them. Lovely light and airy eating area, modern yet with all the right touches that make it a great pub.

1  Thank SamanthaLR