Days Inn Warwick North M40
TripAdvisor
Ashorne Hill(Ashorne)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsservice stationmotorway servicesroom was cleanfree wificontinental breakfastwhat it says on the tinovernight stopfamily roomwould stay here againexecutive roomtea and coffee making facilitieson arrivaldouble bednight's sleepeasy accessreception staffstayed for nights
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Days Inn M40 is Quite , Very Clean , Dog Friendly very very helpful. I have stayed here for almost five years. It safe for female traveling 0n her own plenty of eating places at the services area nextdoor.
The rooms have always been the same when I have stayed the standard has never dropped . I did have a problem with the toilet reported in the morning fixed by the evening . But that was the only problem I have had over the five years . This will be my sixth and I would never stay anywhere else when visiting relatives in the area and touring the Warwickshire county .
I can not lie and now I have written my report everyone will want to go and I will not be able to get a room. Lets hope that never happens.Please note this does not have a pool or a gym.I do find that is a problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lady-angelina-68
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I traveled to Warwickshire for three days for a concert being held at the castle, which is just a quick taxi ride from the hotel.

Staff were super friendly and helpful, room was light and spacious and cleaned daily, it was also very peaceful. The service station next to the hotel has everything needed food/drinks wise.

The breakfast was lovely, although a bit basic. The maids replenished the coffee/sugar/tea supplies daily and gave extra if asked.

I had a room at the end of the building and the view was nice to see on a sunny morning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I needed to spend the night on the M40 and this Days Inn was just right! I booked online and requested a non-smoking room. I was told that one wasn't available but I added a note asking that if one did become available I would like to have it. I was glad to find that someone had acted on this and I got my non-smoking room. Parking is free when you enter your reg number on their database at the reception desk, otherwise parking at the service area is chargeable after the first 2 hours.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Contrary to what has been said elsewhere, this could not be easier to find - staright off the Motorway and left into the car park. The welcome from the staff in the evening was friendl. The room was spacious and clean with all (en suite) facilities. Not only was there aplenty of room for the bed but there was a desk and chair and a settee from whcih to view the TV - amazinging large space for the price. Although just off the Motorway, it is set back in the woods and there is no noise at night at all. Lots of heat from the individual heater in the room (stayed in December!). The only drawback is Motorway Service Station food but there is some choice. Vouchers for a reduced price breakfast are available from the hotel reception. At the modest price, overall excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Not sure that there is any great difference in the rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The first problem that we encountered was the lack of signage. You can see the building as you enter the parking area for the services, but it is not at all clear whether there are reserved parking spaces for the hotel, or indeed whether the entrance is at the front or at the rear of the building. The second problem was the temperature of the "executive" room - not cold, quite the opposite - it was like an oven in there. The aircon was running at maximum heat and despite the fact that the outside air was cold, we immediately turned it off and opened the windows so as to get the temperature down to a comfortable level, although this meant exchanging the noise of the aircon unit for the noise of the nearby motorway traffic. We went into Warwick for the evening (having closed the windows) and on our return we found that the room was still much too warm for comfort and we could also hear mechanical noise coming from somewhere. At first, we tried to sleep but the heat and the noise continued. At this point we realised that the source of the heat and noise was the room next to ours and just as it had been earlier on our room (room 29, BTW), the aircon unit was running full blast and had been for hours. Because the next-door room was the mirror of ours, the external unit was located right next to the one for our room and thus the noise and heat came directly through to us. This was at approx. 00:15 and so I got dressed and went down to reception (thank goodness it was 24 hour staffing) and asked the guy at the desk to come up and turned off the unit. When I questioned why it was running, he first of all told me that guests sometimes leave the units running (after the room had been cleaned?), but afterwards said that they sometimes pre-heat the rooms because they are otherwise too cold. I put it to the desk guy that the cost of leaving these units running for hours on end would be excessive, to which he replied "Well, I'm not paying for it". The improvement was immediate and we settled down to sleep, but as we became accustomed to the lack of noise from the aircon unit, we became aware of another, more distant, but still audible noise that sounded like machinery of some sort. We didn't sleep well that night and when I went to take a shower in the morning, it didn't work. We complained and were given a card key to the room next door so that we could shower. When we checked out, I complained and I was told that it was common practice to switch on the aircon units to pre-heat the rooms. What really annoyed me about this was that in the bathroom there is a sign saying that the company is concerned about the environment and would we consider not having the towels changed every day. The hypocrisy of this is clear to see. If, as per next door, we had not shown up for some reason, two aircon units would have been running full blast all night. After complaining, we were initially offered a 50% refund but because the room had been paid for with air miles, that was not an option. We were then offered a free stay at a Days Inn - an offer that we were never going to accept after our experiences here. Like the title says - never again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple