“Extensive menu good food reasonably priced”
Review of Rose & Castle

Rose & Castle
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ansty
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Probably listed as Pub near the M6 Jct.2 in a place called Ansty
Reviewed September 7, 2013

After not having a great experience the previous night at the local hotel we decided to try the local pub and we were not disappointed. The staff were very good the food was excellent, the menu massive and all at a reasonable price. Would definitely return if near.

2  Thank john3420
There are newer reviews for Rose & Castle

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I just wanted to feed in that my partner and son were delayed in meeting me for an evening meal (difficulty finding mooring for the narrow boat). The staff were really patient and understanding, in spite of having a very very big party booked in that evening! The food was great too. Thanks Guys, it was appreciated.

1  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Overall we had a lovely evening but not some where we would chose again. We were a family of 16, service was really good, no problems getting 16 starters and 16 meals out with in minutes of each other, staff were pleasant, food was ok but nothing out of the ordinary special compared to any other pub just double the price, £10 for burger and chips, £14 for an 8oz steak, we did have a lovely night but will not pay the expensive prices for pub food which you would expect in a proper restaurant. Personally I think they are trying to be too up market and to be honest it's never going to be that. .

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We chose this pub to meet up for a family lunch as a few of us were holidaying on a narrow boat and the pub is close to the canal. The staff weren't unfriendly but not flexible or accommodating either. Of the 14 meals, the two people who chose the Thai Fish Cakes agreed that they were bland but otherwise everyone was happy enough with their food. (For boaters - not a dog friendly pub)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just had sunday lunch, one of us had sunday dinner the beef was very tuff and had no taste. I had goats cheese salad well where do I start, It was lettice,peppers,onion,tomatos & 2 bits of goats on top I am no chef but I could do better at home and it cost £10.95. Then someone had sirlon steak it was over cooked the chips were frozon which was double fried and greasy.
I have read other reviews & yes it was a good pub but you have made to many cut backs. I will say you do not have trained chefs because trained chefs would not put there name to that food. I have been using the rose & castle and the shilton arms for many years now I would get better at a weather spoon chain.

1  Thank tracy b