“Worth a visit for Sunday lunch”
Review of Rose & Castle

Rose & Castle
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Ansty
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Probably listed as Pub near the M6 Jct.2 in a place called Ansty
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

First time here for Sunday lunch and wasn't disappointed. Food was lovely and cooked well. We had beef Sunday lunches , veggie burger and the jam and coconut sponge with custard was Yummy.

1  Thank partonj

Reviewed September 30, 2012

What and excellent place to stop for a meal at very near the Oxford canal. Only 2 mins walk. We arrived to a very busy pub, but they found us a table and served an excellent meal quickly. I had the beef and stilton pie, followed by coconut sponge with jam and custard

Reviewed September 24, 2012

On a recent canal boat trip we decided to moor up and try the rose and castle. They were very busy so thank goodness we had the forethought to have booked. They were welcoming and cheerful. The restaurant had a lovely atmosphere and the food was wonderful, reasonably priced and generous portions. Can't wait to go back next year

Reviewed September 22, 2012

While we were waiting for a meal my 18months old grandson started to make lots of noise because he a bit tried, my eyes was caught one male staff stare look our table and started to talk to each other about us and such dirty look just because my little 18months grandson make noise I really shamed for this people they shouldn’t work job like this, However after we finish our main course they started to rushing us to order desert, I don’t really want to order any desert because I very upset and have enough about staff behave! Just put me off.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

i am gutted they have stopped serving veuve cliquot by the glass....however the food is still extremely good, the steaks are melt in the mouth, and the rose mixed grill is huge, but absolutely amazing...liver and black pudding with sausage,steak cooked the way you like it,bacon,beand and chips! yum!