“Birthday party review july 13”
Review of Ristorante Fiume

Ristorante Fiume
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Fiume is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 74 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was quite late in booking our table for 9 people, but the staff managed to arrange a sitting for our meal for 20.15. We arrived in plenty of time and it was explained to us that they were running behind by 15 minutes. We had a drink in the bar waiting area, it was very pleasant and the atmosphere was good. Fifteen minutes passed, it was explained to us that they were running behind even later, but, because of this we would all receive a free drink for the inconvenience.

We were seated at our table, received our drinks and then ordered. The service was fine considering the restaurant was packed. When the food arrived we all commented that it was good quality and much better than your generic italian restaurant. We did have to wait a little for our desert menu, but that was to be expected with it being busy. The food bill was a good price and well worth it. The toilets were clean but compact and queues were frequent at peak time ,

I would recommend a visit, good food and a busy happy atmosphere. I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Washington has so few options in terms of restaurants that this place will always do well for custom, and you can tell. There is a real lack of care over the service and the tables are really squeezed in. To have to ask for the wine list instead of being offered and to have do the same with the dessert list after giving up waiting for it shows the standard of service. These are small things but they are things that turn this from a nice place to eat where you feel valued, to a place where you are just another punter off the production line. The food is nice enough, but not outstanding enough to compensate for the poor service or the vibrating floor from the music in the bar below you.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Well, I guess that was my own fault. After saying I'd never again bother going to Fiume's a good while back, I was persuaded by friends to " give it another try".

Luckily, the friendship remains intact, as does my view I should never have bothered going back!

My view about Fiume's is spoiled by the fact this used to be a REALLY nice place to eat, good food and great ambiance, especially towards kids.

Now, it's at very best a run of the mill eatery, and overpriced for what it is. Seats far too close together, I guess so the management can cram as many people in as possible.

Food wise..... I had an okay ( no more than that ) black pudding, although it was pretty flavourless. At £5+ it was no bargain.

Main course was a reasonable steak, although being charged £2.00 extra for a sauce is something you'd expect from a Toby Carvery style eatery!!

I skipped dessert, you can only eat so much bland food in one day.............

The house white was okay, not great but not bad.

Service is the main let down here.... the staff are young and don't seem to care that much either way, even when you wait 20 minutes between courses on a not very busy evening.

I guess Fiume's will always have a customer base because of its catchment area, so why bother trying hard anyway??

I gave it a final chance... but that's my lot. There are FAR better Italian Restaurants in Washington ( Pranzare and Amiro's for sure! ) in both value and food quality to make Fiume worth even considering as a realistic option.

So...over priced, and underwhelming sums this place up.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I have even returning to Fiume for many years now, whether it be for a family celebration or a lunch with friends. The food can only be described as sublime. I've sampled almost everything from the menu and have never had a bad experience. The spaghetti bolognese is one of the best I've ever eaten. All of this at a great price, especially around lunch time.

The staff are always very friendly and instantly make you feel welcome. The feeling inside the restaurant itself is one of utter relaxation. Elegant music with a splash of harmony. This is a restaurant I can't get sick of and would always recommend to friends visiting the area. Top place for any occasion.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Having visited the restaurant on many occasions we had such a lovely night that we decided to sit on the balcony. Our table was a bit dirty and I had to ask to have a full ashtray removed but the table wasn't wiped down.

Other than that the food was lovely, the atmosphere relaxing and the staff very nice. Never disappointed with this place!