“traditional pub, good food”
Review of Washington Arms

Washington Arms
Ranked #14 of 76 Restaurants in Washington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Called here today and it was very welcoming. Ordered some food and was offered the 2 4 £8 which was the cheapest way of ordering what we wanted. The food came out very quickly and was delicious....first time here but will return

1  Thank patricia t

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a really lovely, relaxing pub. Traditionally decorated and inviting. It's not a 5* restaurant... it's a comfortable pub with food! The staff are friendly and welcoming. The kitchen is tiny but the food is piping hot and is delicious. 2 meals for £8! AND they do wonderful Sunday lunches.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Greeted with a Luke warm reception, staff rude and more interested in talking to whom I gather we're locals, rather than help and assist new customers, dining area was dirty, and unkempt, took 10 minutes to get attention of the lady who I gather was the landlady/ manager, food was over cooked and order was wrong, as I went to visit the toilet I took a wrong turn, ended up in the cellar and was astounded at food being stored on top of beer barrels, surely breach of health and hygiene rules, and also the kitchen was a war zone considering only a dozen or so customers, and to top off a miserable afternoon a cat wondering around our feet, will not eat here again sorry

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Visiting the area and chose this pub for lunch. I was not disappointed. Two meals for £8 and my daughter and I both opted for fish and chips. Fish was of a decent size and nicely cooked and there was a good amount of chips. The food was freshly cooked and hot. We chose to have a cup of tea with this and were given a pot each of a lovely brew. Tea was 99p per pot and were offered a refill. This was a cosy pub and the waitress was very pleasant and attentive. Nothing was too much bother.
Would certainly eat here again.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I popped in with a friend on a very cold, windy day and we had coffees and deserts (I recommend the bakewell pudding and custard). The service was so friendly and the seating area very cosy. We chatted for a couple of hours and didn't feel rushed to leave or pushed to buy drinks etc. I would definitely go back and spend more money in there next time!