“Cheap and clean!”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Washington
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Cheap and clean!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here to visit the Beamish museum. Really can't complain, £45 for one night, staff were friendly, room was clean, free wi-fi. Location was a bit out of the way but we had the car so was fine. 5 minutes to Beamish and 15 minutes into Newcastle. Check out is before 12pm which was nice, get a long lie for a change. Overall everything was fine!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I am a young woman who stayed here with a friend, at first glance appears not too bad but we had 2 single beds put together as a double, the bathroom was dirty, walls had black marks all over, we could hear the people in the next room talking it was ridiculous. When I checked in the staff were miserable and couldn't wait to get rid of me. I got my key and went looking for my room, I accidentally walked past the door I should of went in so was wondering round when I found a door which was slightly open so I walked through it and next thing I know this man (I'm assuming he was the manager) came along shouting his head off, I apologised and he still kept going. I felt very intimidated and made me feel uncomfortable for the rest of my stay! Would never advise this hotel!

2 Thank Alishas6655

Travelers are raving about these Washington hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We didn't have a great stay at all because the bathroom wasn't cleaned and tiles are dirty and filthy need changing and refit. The bath got a bit of crack with bit small trying fit my legs in. The staff were helpful and food is ok anyway. I think the hotel need big refit in bathroom and bedroom

1 Thank John M
Derby
Reviewed April 20, 2013

First time we decided to use this group of hotels. We were very impressed at the price per room per night. When we arrived, the receptionist couldn't have been more friendly. Nothing was to much trouble. We had booked a disabled double room and found the room very spacious for my electric wheelchair. The room was clean as was both the décor and the bed clothes. No pictures on the wall, if there had of been, the room we had, I would have been making a direct comparison with the Premier Lodge, but there wasn't, yet the rooms were half the price of that charged by Premier Lodge.
We had a preview of the menu in the bedroom and thought that the prices charged were extreme, NO NEED TO WORRY, when we went to the restaurant, there were quite a number of contractors there that were using the hotel. Each meal was served up as man sized portions and easily were worth the asking price. One suggestion I would make to Campanile is on the menu, list all what is given on the plate, not just the main ingredients. Not doing so, could put a lot of people off from visiting the restaurant.
Overall verdict, clean, helpful and enjoyable. What more do you want for a couple of nights stay. Highly recommended and great value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Could expect a lot more from a budget hotel, rooms ok although rather small and not the cleanest. Went for something to eat in the restaurant and were told we couldn't eat until later as a party of 20 people were due in 45 minutes!! It was quite a drive to somewhere else if you didn't fancy a carvery at the pub down the road. A sign in the bathroom made me laugh 'Bath mat available at reception' I really cant get my head around that one! A towel did the job. Wish I'd taken some pictures as the ones on here are obviously out of date. Stayed in better places for a lot less money!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Marc C
Manchester
Reviewed April 8, 2013

great value, good breakfasts, perfect location for easy access to Beamish, Durham, Sunderland and Newcastle and we took the dogs with us - brilliant

Ideal for touring the north east - or for staying over if going to a football match - will definitely go back

Room Tip: Basic and not big rooms but clean and very functional
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CityFan40
Reviewed March 30, 2013

On my arrival at washington i was greeted by someone pretending being manager but didnt at all look like a manager he was quite abrupt at check in. I was expecting my experience to be as dull as my first impression however when i arrived in my bedroom although the room needed updating i cudnt find anything bad to say about the cleanliness and the tea and coffee facility provided me with a warm cuppa had dinner in the restaurant on the night time wich was lovely and the staff made me feel like i was at home. would i stay here again.... yes but management need training on good manners as they seem to have changed since last time lacking the french touch it used to have

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank carl6586
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Holiday Inn Washington
Premier Inn Durham North Hotel
Beamish Park Hotel
Beamish Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Marley Hill

Been to Campanile Hotel Washington? Share your experiences!