Holiday Inn Washington
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Chester-Le-Street(Chester-le-Street)
Angel View Inn(Gateshead)
View Hotel
All reviewspost housecoach tripwalk in showercoach partybar pricesexecutive roombuffet stylebreakfast was excellentroad noiserestaurant staffplenty of parkinggood nights sleepcomfy bedan overnight staytea and coffeeone night staynewcastle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Chose this hotel as a nightstop on route to Edinburgh. As expected, a good clean room with comfortable beds and facilities. Nice bathroom, shower and tea/coffee making facility. Thought the restaurant was a bit pricey so went to the Toby Carvery down the road. Wished we had done the same for breakfast as we discovered our room rate was "room only" and breakfast was a stonking £14.95 each. The restaurant was also full of coach parties so we felt a bit pushed to one side. On departure we found our room had been wrongly billed for two meals in the restaurant but this was corrected without any fuss or argument.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clutzmail
MgrWashington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and found your room and the facilities to be to your satisfaction.

We do offer breakfast inclusive rates through all of our booking channels so its definitely worth looking for the inclusive offers. We do also have some great offers available in our restaurant if you wish to dine in house so for future reference please do ask at a reception for details if they are not immediately visible.

I'm sorry there was a mistake on your bill but pleased to hear that the reception team sorted this out swiftly for you.

I hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We always stay at holiday inns but this has to be the worst we have ever stayed at, we was on a coach trip with national holidays and were treated like cattle, to start with we had to check in round the back, when we came down for dinner was told go back in there we will call you when you can come in, we all stayed were we where within seconds told to come in, so would have been pointless moving, then told you can't sit there how many are there of you I said 2 so was told to sit at a table for six then we were joined by 2 more couples ( strangers to us ) I asked what do we do ? Do we get our own food but was ignored then another woman at our table asked the same question also to be ignored so I said excuse me can you at least have the decency to answer us, then told remain seated we will bring your starters, a rude woman who's name I didn't get because I couldn't see it on her badge! (Short hair glasses) Just shouted in our faces SOUP! Not who would like soup !! When I asked for another butter for my bread roll I was told to go sit back down ill get you one, food was disgusting fish goujons, gammon in gravy, or veg risotto, very poor as the last trip we went on we were offered chicken beef or fish and it was better presented, won't go back to this one ever again treated like school children,tables seating 6 when really only enough room for 4!! Staff need retraining on customer service skills if at all they have ever been trained in the first place !!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank mayosu01
MgrWashington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Reviewer

I was extremely disappointed to receive your review here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay as a member of a coach party.

I am very sorry the experience did not live up to your expectations. Regarding the arrival at the rear guest entrance, this is not unusual for many of our guests as the front car park does not have the capacity for all of our guests, but more importantly for coach tour guests it means we can welcome guests directly off the coach with 'no-step' access directly to the lifts, often with lots of luggage.

Dining arrangements for coach tour guests are typically at shared tables to allow us to accommodate the larger numbers. This in no way however should impact the courtesy I expect our guests to receive, and rudeness is completely unacceptable. Rest assured this is being addressed with the team members concerned.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns personally as your experience does not reflect that shared by the vast majority of our other reviewers and is certainly not what I expect from my team. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel on 0191 418 9400 if you would like to discuss it further.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Arrived after midnight, no problem with late arrival or early departure. Staff efficient and friendly. Room very clean, comfortable beds, good shower. Tea and coffee making facilities, trouser press, small but pleasant bathroom. Would recommend. only drawback is traffic noise from A1 which is about 100 yards away, but not so bad as to distrub sleep. Excellent value at £30 for twin room!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
MgrWashington, General Manager at Holiday Inn Washington, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent brief stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that the hotel had worked so well for you and that you had an enjoyable stop over.

We hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

A really friendly welcome here. Lovely staff and very clean and comfy bedroom. Pile of daily newspapers -great. Two out of three evening meals were very good, one mediocre. Breakfasts were splendid, with thoughtful staff already having toasted one side of a pile of toast, and only needed the other side doing! A very well organised regime here, and they coped with three coachloads of people very efficiently. They timed each sitting, so no waiting and didn't compromise the service. You were not aware of large numbers staying. The hotel was also very quiet at night. This is also a good venue for touring lovely Northumbria and visiting Lindisfarne, Bamburgh castle and Alnwick. It is well connected by ringroads and motorway, so easily accessible, and also not that far from York or Hadrian's Wall. I would unreservedly visit this venue again.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor, but others upstairs had no complaints.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer

I was delighted to read your recent review and to hear what a great stay you had exploring all that the North East has to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review here on Trip Advisor and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Newish hotel just off A1M - good sized, clean, comfortable room - good hot breakfast buffet - evening food so so - filled a hole - bar, wifi and Sky sports in reception - ok for Durham or Newcastle if you are driving.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Holiday Inn Washington here on Trip Advisor.

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and in particular to read your feedback about the breakfast buffet. I have shared your comments with the team and we very much hope that we can welcome you back to stay again in the not too distant future.