All reviews lorry park service area burger king service station road noise secondary glazing small pub breakfast box soap and shower gel room was clean friendly receptionist warm greeting travel lodge motorway services an italian restaurant onward journey perfect stay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you've stayed at any Travelodge you'll know what to expect - good, clean accommodation. Some traffic noise to be expected at any hotel on a main travel route. Excellent Italian restaurant, The Board Inn, less than 5 minutes walk from this Travelodge.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for one night to break up a journey from London to Scotland.

You pretty much know what you’re getting with Travelodge and the rooms are standard.

The bathroom was small and the bath was a ridiculous size. It was very shallow and you couldn’t do anything other than sit in it. In a small bathroom it would be far better to just have a shower rather than a bath that you can’t actually enjoy being in.

The staff were friendly and chatty and made us feel welcome. For the price I paid for this stay I can’t really complain about it, and I would stay here again if I needed to.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here before GNR 2018, we were met with friendly and helpful reception staff. Our room was a double room facing the lorry park, the room was very shabby and dusty, the carpet was dirty, worn and in places gathered. The bed was very uncomfortable, pillows extremely lumpy, I actually woke with a bad back! Not great before having to run a half marathon, The bathroom was however spotless and there was very little noise from outside. The location of the hotel is handy for anyone travelling to Newcastle and I could of overlooked the shabbiness if the bed was comfy, We paid well over the odds on the regular price to stay here so was left feeling disappointed. It’s put my off ever using a travel lodge again! even if it is for only one night. Next year we’ll be staying else where

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
TravelodgeUK, Tilly from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Washington A1 M Northbound, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for submitting your review of our Washington A1 M Northbound hotel.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we would like to apologise that your room was not cleaned to our usual high standard and you found your bed to be uncomfortable.

We're pleased to hear that our hotel team were friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel was convenient for you.

We will be sure to pass your valuable comments to the hotel to ensure that the service we provide improves.

May we thank you again for your feedback and hope to be given the chance to restore your opinion of Travelodge.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at this travel lodge as I went for Great North run and needed somewhere cheap to stay and also avoid the heavy traffic within Newcastle as a result of the race, got to the hotel late. the lady at the reception was very helpful to get us settled. Also during my booking forgot to advise I have an 18 months child coming with us. As we got into the room we had a knock and it was the receptionist with a travel cot fresh clean duvet. The room was neat, clean and fresh. Bed was really comfortable and had a very good impact on my race. Will definitely stay again next year.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The reception staff were friendly. The room and the bathroom were clean and the bed comfortable. The location is ideal for an overnight stop en route to Scotland and I would definitely use this Travelodge again.