“My Birthday Celebration”

Ranked #14 of 74 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Veneto Cicchetti is a restaurant bringing a fresh and new concept of Italian tapas to the heart of Washington. We serve the best Italian dishes and finest Italian wines. We love parties at Veneto Cicchetti and we believe our Italian tapas dining experience is something best shared. We have 80 seats and a fully air conditioned restaurant. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went to this restaurant on Christmas Eve (which is my birthday) for a meal. There was my husband, Billy, my daughter Caitlin and my Mam, Doris. As always the staff were welcoming and we were asked as soon as we sat down if we would like drinks. The food as always was beautiful and the service was excellent. The staff put a candle in my dessert and sang Happy Birthday to me, which was very nice. The wine was flowing and we had a good banter with the waiting staff and the manager. We would recommend eating here.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We go to this restaurant regularly, but paid a visit last night and we were delighted as we usually are. We had a voucher and had starters and the fillet steak. We are not wine buffs but left the choice up to the waiter, he didn't disappoint. All in all the meal was lovely the staff are lovely the ambience was great and we had a very nice meal. We will return again and again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Visited Pranzare for the first time with my partner on 2nd March. Felt comfortable as soon as we walked in, friendly staff and lovely ambience. We were given a choice of where we would like to be seated which was great as my partner and i prefer to be seated away from the main centre of restaurants. Our drinks orders were taken quickly as was our food order. A nice touch is that complimentary bread and olives were served before the meal, myself i am not so keen on olives but none the less a lovely touch and in most other restuarants you are co nned into paying around £4 for an appetizer like that. We ordered a sharing platter to start which for just under £10 was great value for money, it had a selection of cold italian meats, fresh smoked salmon, prawns, deep fried cheese and mushrooms, salad, fried squid rings and some lovely chutney, i feel this could easily have done 4 people as we were pretty full after that! We used a groupon vocuher for our main- two fillet steak meals for £15 - we wernt expecting a lot since it should have cost more than that each for a fillet steak but we were very impressed with what we received. The steak was thick and juicy and cooked how we asked for it. My partner opted for surf and turf and i had rossini. Should we have the steaks again i would probably choose the surf and turf as the pate on my steak was very strong in flavour and the sauce not what i was expecting, but this is down to personal taste and does not take away from the quality of the food we were served, and the presentation was great. Also we had chips and vegetables served with the steak which were very fresh and tasty, the chips were so good! My partner couldnt manage a dessert but i always have room for that , so i had the chocolate souffle which was beautifully presented, had ice cream, berries and chopped nuts and was absolutley yummy! After our meal the owner (i presume) gave us another voucher to use on on the two for £15 steak deal, with the option to pay there and then or take away to book another night, and pay on the night. I chose the latter. Will definatley be visiting again! The only cristicism i could give (constructive of course!) Is that i would liked to have had the option of a large bottle of water instead of ordering 3 or 4 small ones . Apart from this i cannot fault the staff at Pranzare, all were courteous and friendly. Reading all of the bad reviews left for this restaurant, i am very surprised! Nobody is perfect, people make mistakes, we all have bad days right!? Sometimes mistakes can happen, a little understanding goes a long way! See you again soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have visited Pranzares three times previously and the food is always excellent. Service is good and the restaurant is very nicely done out and the choice of food is excellent. We have recommended it to many friends and have booked again for this wekend. Well reccomended. Frank l

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Visited for the first time using a voucher. We both had fillet steaks with veg. Perfect! The steaks were cooked exactly as requested and were great quality. Good selection of veg. We eat out at least once a week and this was one of the best meals we have had in quite some time. Very well done! Thanks I am sure we will return.

2  Thank Martsmam