Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Washington
scotland
“Good hotel”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was clean and had friendly staff. The double bed was unfortunately two singles pushed together and we found out that this was the same in all rooms. The pool is good if a bit small.
The food in the restaurant was good but basic, although one meal during the stay was in edible .

Room Tip: Ask if beds are proper doubles or singles pushed together.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank disco88882000
Craiglands, General Manager at Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. However, I have noted your comments concerning the bed in your bedroom and your evening meal. I will ensure your concerns are addressed as soon as possible.

Martin Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
London
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed in a 3 bed family room. Rooms are large and spacious and beds very comfortable. Only problem with rooms was soundproofing. We had a very heavy footed person staying in the room above us who walked around a lot during the night (for some unknown reason constantly walking to-and-fro, we could hear the floor boards creaking and it did disturb our sleep.

Food was average but certainly variety and reasonably priced. Dining room staff lovely.

The pool was good. We didn't use the gym but it was well equipped.

Excellent parking and free wi-fi throughout hotel.

We would stay again if we were in Newcastle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank latra
Craiglands, General Manager at Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. However, I am pleased you would return to the hotel in the future.

Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed for two weeks whilst on a course. A little out of the way but the hotel, staff and kitchens are brilliant.
The menu was always varied and food tasted great. Its a buffet style breakfast in the morning but there was always plenty of choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Toastmuncher
Craiglands, General Manager at Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. Your comments regarding dinner and breakfast will be appreciated by the the hotel team. If you return to the area, I look forward to seeing you again.

Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The night before this I had stayed down South in a similar class of hotel and the moment I walked through the door the differences became clear. The warm reception with a smile.

The room was lovely and the bed comfortable.

I went to the spa and the staff even lent me a pound for my locker which I was sure to return.

Dinner was reasonably priced an excellent quality. I am sure to be back. I have tried a number of hotels in the area, finally found one that I like.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MidlandAssessEnergy
Craiglands, General Manager at Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

On arriving we were welcomed by the staff who were very friendly, the room was great, perfect.. One of the best hotels in the uk I have stayed in! Couldn't fault this hotel. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone who asks.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MelFromSunderland

Martin Hall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Premier Inn Newcastle (Washington) Hotel
#6 of 6 in Washington
Royal Station Hotel
Royal Station Hotel
#25 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Mercure Newcastle George Washington Hotel Golf and Spa? Share your experiences!