“Forest Guest House”
Review of Forest Guest House

Forest Guest House
Ranked #4 of 25 South Shields B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Met at the door by Janet, who immediately made us feel welcome. We had a double,en-suite room, which, although a little small, was perfectly adequate for our needs. The room was well furnished and spotlessly clean. The delicious breakfast, that was cooked to order, set us up for the day. Ocean Road is famous for its restaurants, Curries, Italian or just a chippie, the choice is yours. The smells in the street were just amazing, but just as important, there was no hint of them when you were in the Hotel. I will definately be using this Hotel in the future and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Inky497

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed on Monday evening. Arrived after a very long drive late afternoon - Janet and Peter had taken the trouble to check my arrival time so they could be there to meet me - a very nice touch and greatly appreciated.

Immediately felt at home - they run a very slick, professional B&B with a great approach to guest welfare and comfort. Easy to find and parking no problem. I was given very good advice about eating out for supper and where to go for a quiet pint.

The room was very comfortable and very well-appointed. Good quality fittings and furniture, tasteful decoration, spotlessly clean and almost as individual as a small boutique hotel. In fact, I've stayed in (too) many hotels who could learn a great deal from this lovely and very attentive couple!

Breakfast was cooked individually and the small dining room is nicely laid out with plenty of space.

Full marks in every respect and outstanding value for money. Thank you both so much for making my short visit such a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gordon A
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've stayed for 3 nights whilst visiting for Uni open days. I've been made to feel really welcome, the single room is ideal with TV and free Wi-Fi, and I've slept better here than I have in my own house! The breakfast is delicious and I haven't left still feeling hungry on any of the days I've been here. Both South Shields metro station and bus station are a really short 5 minute walk away which is ideal. If not staying with my friends, I shall definitely be staying here again next time I visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rory N
Reviewed August 13, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed August 1, 2013

South Shields!...was the place to be this summer when my fiance and I went up (from Portsmouth) to see our friends and attend the sister's graduation.
We stayed from the 8th till the 12th of July.
Great things:
- Very clean! Partner even did a "wipe" test for fun against the head board. No dust! :-D
- Super comfy bed. Fell right to sleep peacefully. Don't let it put you off if it is on a busy street! - you can't tell :)
- Extra milk provided as we like our coffee's milky. Thank you!
- Free choccy's left on the bed...always a pleasure ;)
- Power shower kept us feeling fighting fresh each morning.
- Janet was lovely~ She sure makes killer fried eggs! Soft yolk each time, Yum.

What more could you want from a B&B eh(?) ;)

[N.B: We can't really comment on the tourist aspect as I used to live in South Shields not too long ago. But the extra tidbits from Janet kept us amused!]

Room Tip: Nice views from the twin top room. Get to see the night time hustle and bustle.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HoshihiMe
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Myself my wife and two friends have just stayed for two bites at this gem of a place. The room is superb king size bed beautiful bathroom excellent food. The location is perfect the hosts very welcoming. We will recommend the forest to everyone fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ernestdalton
Reviewed June 13, 2013

From the efficient booking by phone/email to a warm welcome on arrival, a comfortable double king size bed and all mod cons it was obvious we had found a quality place to stay. A comprehensive breakfast selection set us up for the day and, should the weather not be good (it was fine the whole time for us!) their is an excellent DVD library. Janet was a mine of useful information and a great ambassador for South Shields.

Room Tip: Phone Janet and discuss your requirements and she will oblige if possible
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple