“Wouldn't go anywhere else”
Review of Royal Tandoori

Royal Tandoori
Ranked #42 of 214 Restaurants in South Shields
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visit this restaurant every week. We would never go other tandoori restaurant in South Shields because this one beats all of them hands down. The staff are extremely friendly. They always look forward to seeing you again and they never forget a face. I recommend the Balti or Jaipur. It is reasonably priced with very good portions. The service is friendly and fast. They take a lot of care to make sure you are happy with the food and always try their best to make sure everything is right for you in the highly unlikely event that you are not happy. The other places on the street do not live up to the same standard. This place is easily overlooked by being right at the end of the street. To give this one a chance, you have to walk past all of the other places which are definitely not as good.

1  Thank George D

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have tried the same dish in every restaurant on he curry mile and this restaurant leaves all the others standing. This restaurant is spot on. Go midweek for the special menu and you will not be disappointed. It is so cheap for a 3 course meal and drinks. If it is not on the special menu ASK. I love a Jalfrezi but Phall strength. Not a problem was the reply. A sample of the sauce came out for me to try and I requested a little hotter. Jackpot. If you cant finish your meal request foil containers at no charge to take home. Six of us had the special 3 course menu as requested plus coffee 6 pints of Kingfisher and 4 soft drinks. Total bill £56. Staff are brilliant. I have requested this meal all over the country but the only place I seem to get the fiery curries I like are here inthe North East.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Have not been for years as my wife was a creature of habit and always went to the same one!However we been trying different ones over last few months and this was more than pleasantly surprising.
The food was superb as was the service and price, I totally recommend this eatery and to top it all, was the best price on Ocean road,a total no brainer,this will be visited by us many times now!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My partner and I have visited this restaurant on a number of occasions and have always found it to be excellent. There are two special menus when we go on a Saturday night with a very reasonable price and a lot of choices. We normally have the chicken tikka starters and my partner goes for the Madras and last time I had the chicken Rogan josh. The service is always immaculate and the food served in large portions. The Rogan Josh is definetly the best I have ever tasted. For really good value and superb staff and food this place can't beaten.

1  Thank TyneAndWearColumbus
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Have visited this restaurant on several occasions and have never been disappointed. The food is always tasty and plentiful to the point of we always take a doggy bag home with us. Staff are friendly and helpful and willing to explain dishes if you are unsure what they are. Their set special menus offer excellent value for money. Top marks all round :-)