“Great atmosphere great food excellent service!!!”
Review of Spice garden

Spice garden
Ranked #3 of 213 Restaurants in South Shields
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary indian cuisine
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Myself and my fiance absolutely adore indian cuisine and we decided to visit spice garden for our anniversary. The atmosphere was delightful the food was outstanding and the staff were delightful. A definate must for those who want fantastic quality. 10/10 thankyou!!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The starters were really good, onion bahjis were amazing, mains were great and the service was top shelf. Altogether somewhere I'd fully recommend .

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I dined at this restaurant a couple of weeks ago. The first thing I noticed was that this was a cheap and cheerful restaurant, in other words not a place fine dining exists! It was noisy, and full of some rather loud people dressed in track suits! I ordered onion bhaji which I must admit was the greasiest I've ever had. The main course was chicken tikka jal frezi. WITH NO CHILLI! How can you cook a jal frezi without chilli? That's like eating a pizza with no cheese. There was no flavor, no bite and it just wasn't what I had expected. There's only one thing happening in this restaurant... CHEAP! Makes me wonder why people have left so many good reviews for this restaurant, do these people not dine elsewhere?

2  Thank Jason E
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Thanks again to rucon and staff at spice garden another birthday enjoyed by family member food was great especially the bhuna chicken on puree starter no salad thanks

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Nice surroundings, excellent service but main courses were only average. Starters were good. After reading previous reviews we were disappointed.