“Nothing special,food ok,poor service.”
Review of Sambuca

Sambuca
Ranked #12 of 212 Restaurants in South Shields
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

No atmosphere,poor reception,no sunday lunch served when it clearly states Sunday lunch available on menu.when we asked the waiter when sunday lunch finishes he said 'when it finishes',not the attitude to have when ur providing a service.ok food but nothing special.won't be recommending to anyone.

4  Thank Flowergirl1982

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I love this chain of restaurants, a real family favourite with adults and kids. First time we've visited this one, and won't be the last. More modern than a few a the others, more space and just as noisy. Were greeted at the door by a waiter, who teased my little girl, so being one for attention was as happy as larry, we ha a crab bruschetta offthe special board and expected a small amount of crab and some toasted bread, it was a huge amount of crab, on toasted bread, very nicely presented. The usual Pizzas and pastas arrived, bases are slightly crispier than a couple of the otherestaurants and were lovely. Service was speedy and pleasant, in a relaxed atmosphere, usually noisy as it's for families, on the whole the staff were friendly and welcoming, and seeing some of the behaviour of a couple of customers it's a tough call. There is a girl, who I presume isnot English, she wasn't rude or unhelpful, her English just isn't great, but then neither is my Polish, Czech or Hungarian. Rarely do I have a sweet but were tempted by the Tapas of deserts, so glad too much one,butit was great to share. My only niggle was there are no toilets in there but in the function room next door, which was locked, but we managed to find some. Will we go back. definately.

1  Thank 530DREW
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great food, quick sevice, great value for money, job well done!
Out with people from work and were going to grab a burger from McDonalds, when i suggested this place, as I have been to the three in North Shields many times.
Food was fresh, very well presented, tasty and went down a treat.
service was very good, waiters very attentive, very helpful.
Tremendous value for money, my colleagues were suitably impressed.
we will be back!

2  Thank Richard N
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My second visit to sambucas, the first time was a very busy Saturday we had to wait for a table and my young daughter was asleep in her pushchair by the the time we were seated so we had to wedge her in next to us. I thought the food was quite bland but because it was so cheap I thought fair enough. That was probably a year and a half ago and because of that it had put me off returning. We went last night as we had been bowling next door and thought it was handy to just eat there. I was suspicious of how cheap it was and thought it wouldn't be very nice but I was pleasantly surprised ! It was delicious. The staff were lovely, fast service and extremely good value for money. I will be returning very soon.

2  Thank Kerry P
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food at Sambuca was very nice. The waiters and waitresses were friendly and very attentive. We did not have to wait for a table and I enjoyed my night. I paid £3.95 for 3 courses and I felt this was too cheap. I felt so guilty I left a large tip!

2  Thank jennifer m