“BEST CURRY EVER!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
South Shields, United Kingdom
“BEST CURRY EVER!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me and my girlfriend went here for our 6 month anniversary and it was great. What with it being a special night, we ordered a bottle of wine and way too much food just for the two of us but I couldn’t fault it, the only thing I would say is that my girlfriend ordered the chicken tikka hariyali which she thought was a bit spicy but this is only because she’s doesn’t like spicy food, and even when I tried to tell her it says ‘Medium’ on the menu she wouldn’t listen. So it’s not much of a complaint to Asha at all but guys if you’re mrs doesn’t like spicy food, just order her a korma. It’s not worth the ear-ache :P haha. Will definitely be going back again.

• Visited August 2013

South Shields, United Kingdom
“always a warm welcome”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went last night after getting caught in horrible weather, only the smells along Ocean Rd kept me going. had the mushroom mirsch and a dansak - beautiful. always well presented and well cooked, served lovely and hot. well worth a visit, my fave place on Ocean Rd. Always begrudge paying more for Indian food when out of area when you can get first class cheap meals here.

• Visited September 2013
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Lvly food,fab decor,value for money,cosy atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

My title above says it all really..dined on a bank holiday monday evening with my boyfriend,we went by chance from a peek through the window which sold it for us,fairly busy which is a good sign and the entrance and decor was beautiful!!!service excellent and food just as good!!specials were available 3 courses from 6.95 ....definalty return.thanku.

• Visited August 2013
“Lovely”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here one evening with my partner for a meal. It was a random place we chose to go. I ordered some rose and he got a lager. Service was exceptional, staff were extremely professional yet superbly friendly. After ordering enough food to feed the 5000, we were asked if we wanted our leftovers put in containers to take home. I did and the next day it tasted lovely still! The decor of the place was beautiful and I would definitely go back here, although this time I think I'll cut back on the rose :-)

• Visited May 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Very good food.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We've just been to this restaurant, having done a trip advisor check before we went to Ocean Road, knowing there are many to choose from. We've been to a few restaurants on the street over the years and this one has definitely been the best for tasty food at a good price. We had the 2 course deal with coffee or icecream to follow. The onion bhajis were lovely and crisp, salad very fresh. The sheikh kebabs tasted lovely and fresh too. The beef rogan josh was extremely tasty with lovely tender tasty meat. The chicken breast (breast was extra but was worth it) in the chicken korma was nice and juicy and did not appear to be the frozen sliced stuff many of restaurants use. The rice was delicious and they were happy to do us a nut pillau that wasn't on the menu for no extra cost. The icecream was the standard horrid grainy icey type, but really didn't matter as the food had been so good up to that point. We have only reduced one point because the service wasn't the best, the waiters barely looked at us but we would definitely go back and recommend it to others as there are many to pick from on the street and this one really is so much better than the others we had been in. For the two of us with drinks, the cost was £23.00.

Visited August 2013