“Nicest Indian Restaurant in Shields”
Review of Asha Balti House

Asha Balti House
Ranked #36 of 200 Restaurants in South Shields
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy, Balti
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Nicest Indian Restaurant in Shields”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I visited with my family and a few weeks ago for my dads 50th birthday and it was absolutely exceptional.. The food was greaat and the service was too. I tried the keema balti, and tho I was a bit sceptical at first it was really nice. A few of the people in my group had a tandoori meat dishes and have to say they were excelent too. We did visit during the aftanoon though so was a little bit quiet for me but if it was an evening then I guess it would have been better.

10/10 and will definitly return again.

South Shields, United Kingdom
“The best place to eat in South Shields”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you’re looking for somewhere delicious to eat which is the perfect mix of modern and traditional, Asha Balti House on Ocean Road in South Shields is the place for you.

My partner and I were sick of the sight of turkey and the trimmings, and were fed up of being offered the same festive fayre. We visited Asha after reading about the work that they do with local charities in the shields gazette, and we were amazed.

The food was absolutely delicious, and the menu was filled with mouth watering delights, so much so we can’t wait to go back to try out the dishes that we couldn’t the last time!

I’d definitely rate Asha with 10/10 it is definitely the best restaurant of its kind in the area.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere and fab food!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I’m a regular visitor to Asha, my friends and I go every Friday night. Each time we visit we all make a point of trying something different. The menu has so many different main courses and side dishes you can’t go wrong!

The naan breads are the most delicious and fluffy I’ve ever tasted, Asha also has one of the best stocked bars on Ocean Road! Well, it does until the girls and I hit it on a Friday night! :)

Definitely the perfect place to visit, either before or after weekend drinks.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and fantastic service”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I visited Asha over Christmas and I was really impressed. The restaurant was really busy but we still got fantastic customer service.

Our food was delicious, piping hot and even though the restaurant was full, we weren’t left waiting all night. Our glasses never got empty, the waiters and waitresses were regularly popping to the table to ask if our food was nice, and whether we would like more to drink.

I will definitely be going back to Asha, it’s my favourite curry house in the North East.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Splendid all-round experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm puzzled by some negative reviews as the staff were very welcoming and attentive without being intrusive. We had not reserved, arrived early on a Saturday evening and were seated immediately. The restaurant soon filled and the atmosphere was good. Clearly a lot of money has been invested in the restaurant recently. The decor was modern and stylish. The chicken karai was one of the best I've been served. Reasonably priced for the standard Saturday evening menu. All things considered, a great experience.