“Yummy chips”
Review of Smiths Chippy

Smiths Chippy
Ranked #33 of 208 Restaurants in South Shields
Description: Smiths Chippy is a traditional award winning Fish and Chip takeaway. established in 1981 by William Smith Snr quickly became one of the towns best loved fish and chip destinations. Today we still live by William Smiths ethos of making our food affordable for everyone while ensuring our quality levels remain at the highest levels. this has been recently reflected in our most recent awards, we have been very proud to receive a place on the top 50 fish and chip takeaways for the last 2 years (3 in the last 5 years) couple this with perfect portion awards and we believe we offer a great product at a great price.
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Smiths Chippy does the best chips on Ocean Road bar none.
The chips are double fried for that extra crispness, are nice and chunky and you get a good size portion to boot.So if you like your chips look no further than Smiths.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

fish made from fresh when requested, food lovely! I used to go to the red hut smiths is better than the red hut :) would recommend to everyone

1  Thank ashleigh h
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Never really write reviews but feel I need to.
Bought Fish and Chip from Smiths many times over the years, although not for a long time.
I bought Fish and Chips x2 last night and couldn't eat the Fish as it tasted horrible. My girlfriend ate hers but said the fish was dark coloured. She was fine this morning so couldn't have been off. I took one bite and had to spit it out on my plate as the taste was so bad. I'm not a fussy eater and can usually eat most thing put down to me.
Needless to say I will not be returning. There is far better Fish and Chip shops In South Shields if last night was anything to go by

2  Thank nufcdaft
Reviewed December 27, 2013

this has to be the BEST fish and chip shop in SOUTH SHIELDS tyne and wear . all the fish and chips are freshly cooked for you and you don't have long to wait for your order , they have a loyalty card which gets stamped every time you order from them . the staff are great and very chatty too. SMITHS FISH AND CHIP SHOP IN OCEAN ROAD are VALUE FOR MONEY AND VERY REASONABLE . I wouldn't go anywhere else . HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!!!!!!!
they also have a fish and chip restaurant in ocean park fairground , sea road south shields , I think its called seaview restaurant .

2  Thank honeyangel3
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This has got to be the best chippy in South Shields. Always freshly prepared and served with a smile. Don't believe all the hype you may read about other chippy's around this area give Smiths a try and you will not be disappointed.

The fish is probably the best we have had and the chips are alway fresh, crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Something other establishment seem to struggle to perfect. The kids meals on offer are also first class

Well done Smiths keep up the good work

3  Thank Chris-Lesley