“Nice n clean”
Review of Smiths Chippy

Smiths Chippy
Ranked #32 of 207 Restaurants in South Shields
Description: Smiths Chippy is a traditional award winning Fish and Chip takeaway. established in 1981 by William Smith Snr quickly became one of the towns best loved fish and chip destinations. Today we still live by William Smiths ethos of making our food affordable for everyone while ensuring our quality levels remain at the highest levels. this has been recently reflected in our most recent awards, we have been very proud to receive a place on the top 50 fish and chip takeaways for the last 2 years (3 in the last 5 years) couple this with perfect portion awards and we believe we offer a great product at a great price.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Being in the ocean mile this fishy being here for a number of years now sometimes living in the shadow of a more famous one just 200 yards away, in my opinion the fish here was and is much nicer in taste and whiteness along with clean fresh look the fish shop has along with the very friend;y staff

There are newer reviews for Smiths Chippy

Reviewed May 7, 2013

my favourite fish shop in shields although there are 2 that run close . I cannot emphasise how many quality fish portions I have had from smiths and never a poor one yet. the queue has to be out the door before I pass it to go to another . even colmans doesn't quite measure up to smiths , (for me that is)

1  Thank AlabalaSouthShields
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Some of the best fish and chips I have had in a long time in South Shields. Staff friendly and very clean. Reasonably priced as well.

2  Thank Taylors150
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Every bit as good as colemans but cheaper with faster service and bigger portions. I'd eat here out of all the chippys in the town.

2  Thank Bada-Bing22
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I like this takeaway - its always clean, well stocked and keenly priced. Since others on the street are pricey or not as good quality, its well worth stopping here.
We have had a few visits and each time, have found the staff helpful and cooked-to-order fish nice and tasty. Plus it is just so much cheaper than others!
Meal deals etc for the kids make good sense and the fact that you get it all served in a strong-ish box is good if like us you plan to scoff it sitting in the car looking out at the waves.

1  Thank MalteseAdonis