“Great food, friendly staff”
Review of Lasun

Lasun
Ranked #27 of 200 Restaurants in South Shields
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Great food, friendly staff”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I have been many times to Lasun and every time it's been a first class experience. The staff are always warm and friendly, they always recognise me and suggest different dishes according to my tastes. The food is great. The only negative for me is that I always feel like having an Indian!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Simon S

england
“Best in South Shields!!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have been to all Indian restaurants in South Shields, and I have got to say I have never been disappointed within Lasun. The Staff are all very friendly and my meal tonight was beautiful! As were the rest of the meals purchased. The mixed kebab starter is just the best!!! This is the whole family's favourite restaurant so will obviously be Returning and would HIGHLY recommend anyone to give this place a try! You won't be disappointed....yeah sometimes when it is busy, mainly on a weekend, there tends to be a longer wait (as it does in many restaurants) but it's defiantly worth it.

• Visited April 2014
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Annoying”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I am sorry to say this but after all this is my opinion, went on Saturday evening with my husband we had to wait one hour for our starter and a total of one and a half hour for our main meal. I ordered a prawn dish I am it was shrimps and rice was stuck to the plate because it had obviously been left in an oven. We were offered a free glass of wine and their apologies sorry but will not be returning.

• Visited March 2014
South Shields, United Kingdom
“Excellent as always!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Have been to Lasun on several occasions now and can't fault it. I think what sets this restaurant apart is the friendly staff. Would definately recommend.

• Visited March 2014
South Shields, United Kingdom
“PEAZ LAMB CHOPS”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have been to this restaurant a number of times and have never been disappointed. It is slightly more expensive than some of the Ocean Road establishments. But it has a substantial menu with different dishes. One problem I have with it is that the Peaz lamb chop starter is so good I cannot order anything else when I go. There is a good selection of fish curries. The rice dishes are some of the best I have experienced very well cooked and tasty. The staff are always attentive without being over bearing. Nice pint of Cobra too which helps.

• Visited February 2014