“Excellent food, shame about the potential cost!”

Da Vinci's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 222 Restaurants in South Shields
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

6 of us visited Davincis before going to Customs House to see a show. We advised them that we didn't have long to eat and that we had to be quick. This was not a problem to them. They gave us the menu which included Happy hour as well as a "special" menu. 3 courses for £9.99. We had gone to Davincis for the happy hour as it included risotto. We were told they didn't have the happy hour on as they had the special instead. I pointed out that the menu they had given us still included the happy hour, so asked again for the risotto, as it was not on the special. Eventually they agreed to do the happy hour for us, but not before the Manager was consulted and we had to insist. We also had a 15% off voucher curtesy of customs house. When I presented the voucher they refused to honour it saying that they would not make any money out of our order. Again after a long discussion with the Manager he agreed to honour the discount voucher.
I have to say the food was excellent but unfortunately, I will not be going back, I do not like being put in a position where I had to argue for the happy hour or the discount which we were rightfully entitled to. The website should contain disclaimers, against the use of the Customs house discount vouchers and that the Happy hour is suspended when "specials" are on! That way we would have booked somewhere else.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

had a lush night out at Da Vinci's - Italian Restaurant with my lad last night as allways, we had great food, great wine and great service. we go every week.

1  Thank JoanneHardy2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We (4 adult tourists from Canada) were pleasantly surprised to find this little gem of a restaurant on our visit to South Shigelds. Some of the best Italian food all four of us have ever had; what a pleasant surprise! Very fair value for the expense.

3  Thank Carra2013
Reviewed September 20, 2013

i went to Da Vincis for a meal with my friend, ordered the pollo pepper, when it came i soon found out the chicken was raw. i was horrified as i have been before and was lovely, but this really let me down.

2  Thank vicky j
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I really wanted a nice Italian meal out but we couldn't get a babysitter. I had seen an advert in the Shields Gazette that Da Vinci in South Shields also had a takeaway which was music to my ears....or my eyes in this case.

I have eaten in here a couple of times before and the food is incredible....which is why I was happy to drive from my home 10 miles away to collect some pre ordered food for takeaway.

We ordered a Kiev pizza, a garlic bread with cheese and some Linguine Bellini and to top it off, a couple of garlic mayo's so that we could dip our crusts. All of this came in at a VERY respectable £16.50.

All of the food was delicious. The only down side was the pasta was slightly cold but that is my fault because I had to drive 10 miles home before I could get stuck in, I can assure you it was piping hot when it was handed to me.

If you're looking for some high quality Italian food at a price that isn't going to break the bank then don't even bother looking anywhere else, just go to Da Vinci.

To top it all off, you're guaranteed a warm and friendly welcome from the cheeky chappy with the curly hair called Payam, who must be the owner. You are made to feel like you're a long lost friend every time you visit.

A true credit to Ocean Road and to quality food whether you're dining in or taking away.

2  Thank mikwar84