“Premier Inn - Port of Tyne”

Premier Inn South Shields Port Of Tyne Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in South Shields
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good location and good value for money. Excellent staff. Free wi-fi for a limited time. Comfortable room, with large double bed. Problems with noise on two nights, but refund for worst occasion (40 minutes).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Accommodation was adequate & the service was good.
The Restaurant was Self Service, and although the choice of food was good, because it was self service, the food was rather tepid.
The whole area of Restarant & Bar needs a total refurbishment, with carpets & some soft furnishings to bring it up to the standard of the Premier Inn at M4 / J4.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn South Shields Port Of Tyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Management Team at this hotel. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

On arrival I received the usual Premier inn good customer service from the staff. The room was good but when I tried to get to sleep there was a problem with the bed or should I say beds. Two single beds had been put together to make a double roll over at you peril as you could find yourself trapped between them. Poor Poor quality not what I have experienced at other premier inns.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our second time and can honestly say that the welcome from the receptionist on duty was the best we had ever had.

This is situated close to the city centre and beaches but just far enough away to be quiet.There are plenty of car parking areas with easy access to the hotel.

The rooms as always with Premier are standard but comfortable. The bathroom was dated and in need of refurbishment.

The Taybarn attached is a good choice if you fancy a large buffet meal but there are other options nearby that are worth looking into.

A pleasant stay at Premier Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Date of stay; 22nd July 2013

When I pull up to a hotel... I start looking for the negative points. Setting my expectations low so I'm not disappointed when it comes to hitting the pillow.

Well I was very surprised. There was none. Well, if I was to be untra ultra picky, the carpark seems back to front, but that's it.

It looked clean (it was) it looked new (it is) it looked like everything you would want from a hotel when you pull up.

So now I'm in. Very fast check in. The guy in reception managed to make me feel like he was expecting me when I gave my name. A very nice touch which only usually happens at very top end of hotels...

Key card in hand and pointed in the direction of my room and everything just worked.

Clean. Comfy. And super.

See pics of room. Very very impressed.

Well done Premier Inn!

But the only "needs attention" i could say is better glazing because of the road noise... That's the only real down side. It's not a super busy road. Nor is it very loud but I would like it to be a bit quieter!

Will I be back? Yes. Absolutely. I will go out of my way to stay here when I'm close!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a trip to South Sheilds, while it is not in the middle of town it is conveniently placed near a Metro stop and is a short taxi home if you want a night out in South Sheilds. The rooms are basic but that is expected as this is a budget hotel. I stayed in room 1 which is on the ground floor and I think was once a disabled room. It was a well proportioned room but lacked a towel rail which I know sounds silly but they do allow towels to dry more efficiently. The reception staff could not do enough to help you. I arranged breakfast during my stay which was served in the attached Taybarns. I must say I am not normally into this type of restaurant but the quality and choice of food at breakfast was really good. Waiting staff were excellent be it maybe a bit too perky of a morning but that's not a bad thing.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here to visit friends! Lovely and clean, immaculate room at rear so not so noisy from the road nearby!usually stay in travelogues but been disappointed recently. First time at premier inn and miles better!

Room Tip: Try and get to rear of hotel....it was hot when we visited so windows open at night...if near main r...