A lovely welcome at check in, pleasant and quick check in. We had a triple room, the double bed was huge and comfy, the single (camp bed?) wasn't as nice, the mattress was a bit thin. Large clean bathroom with bath and shower.
The hotel was lovely and clean and the staff were all really pleasant and helpful which made it a nice stay. The only minus point was the kids being noisy in the corridor and room next door from 6.30am on a Sunday morning, when I went out to ask them to keep it down because people were trying to sleep they were all in the same leggings and t shirt and we think that there was some sort of dance competition going on?
I don't hold the hotel responsible for this (more the adults who should be supervising!) but it was disappointing not to get a lie in.
The breakfast was great! Served at Taybarns next door and it was faultless, lovely, hot, lots of choice and good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy fish and chips in Whitley Bay or head to Sunderland or Newcastle, all within 20 minutes' drive ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn South Shields Port Of Tyne Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn South Shields Hotel South Shields
- Premier Inn South Shields Port Of Tyne Hotel England