“Great meal, best Indian around”

Tandoori International
Ranked #36 of 212 Restaurants in South Shields
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was by far the best Indian I've eaten at, I travel all over the UK and have a regular Indian near my home but none have matched up to this. The decor, service, food and value are all spot on.
Well done to the management and staff

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Originally from South Shields but now living in Brighton I hadn't had a shields curry for years. Having never ventured to the 'other side of the road' I was going on my friends recommendation. Having dined in some top rated restaurants in Brighton and London I was really impressed with the high level service and the food was super tasty and great value for money. For a Monday night it was really busy so they are obviously doing something right!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

we travel from durham to this restaurant and we can not fault anything at all about it, the food is really really nice, the waiters are all very polite and put themselves out to help you, the restaurant is spotless, the price is very good aswell, we wouldn't go any where else on ocean road for a curry, well done to all the staff in the restaurant.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ate here with wife and friends on Saturday 21st September. Nothing was too much trouble - they don't normally sell Lassi - but the waiter knocked one up for me, and they dimmed the lights and air conditioning. The food was excellent across the menu.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We visited while on Great north run. Starter was ok. I ate worst ever Veg Madras ever in my life. Cook don't know how to cook. Waiter insist 'Apna Style' for taste and cook added lots of sugar/jaggery gol in it. If you are an indian or southasian beware of word 'Apna Style' taste.
One star for starter. Don't Go and save money!