“Casa Nova”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I just wanted to let people know how amazing this restaurant is.Its has been going for years and the food never drops in quality and the staff are there ready for your every need.Try it you will love it.

1  Thank simon-berkshire

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Having recently moved to Virginia Water we're rediscovering restaurant that we've known about for years, but never really tried.

We went to Casa Nova the other week and had a fantastic meal! Some might say the decor is a bit 'formal' and 'like someone front room' but I've found many good Italian restaurants to be like this. I find it warm and smart and cosy.

The waiter we had (quite possibly the owner) was an older Italian 'gent' and made us feel very welcome and really looked after us well.

The food was excellent. My wife had the Salmon and cream pasta, simple, delicious and laden with salmon. I had the Chicken in a dream and brandy sauce - delicious!

We had vegetables and the absolutely gorgeous fried courgettes (or zucchinis as the Italians and us Aussies like to say!).

Looking back it seemed very simple, but both meals we beautifully cooked, proper Italian 'home cooking' food.

It's not the cheapest meal, but not overpriced at all... and this is Virginia Water

I'll be back in a heartbeat. I can't wait to try something new.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a really excellent Italian style restaurant. I have never had a meal there that was less than first class and all my assorted guests have shared that view. I recommend anything on the menu and the staff are always friendly and helpful. It's not the cheapest but it is certainly one of the best.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Firstly, I must say the food was fantastic and Gianfranco, one of the waiters, was lovely - I particularly recommend the tiramisu which was a delight and is actually his own recipe.

However, there was one waiter who we found to be rather rude. He made two mistakes and on both occasions responded in a manner which made clear he blamed us for the errors.

To illustrate, when we informed him of one of his errors, he moved away from the table, arms spread with his palms facing outwardly towards the mistakenly served cappuccino, in a manner which said "Well, this IS what you ordered". The awkwardness of the moment gave way to the reluctant removal of the cappuccino, which I'm sure was a response to the obviousness of our surprise at his reaction rather than any subservient tendencies on his part.

One can live with that, but what happened with the bill was highly embarrassing and disrespectful. 10% service was added to the bill and our group of four decided we would settle the price of the meal first and leave a tip which we felt was befitting of the service we received. Importantly, the service charge was not listed as compulsory on the menu. Upon settling, I explained very clearly and politely we would like to pay for the meal and service separately. BIG PROBLEM.

We were challenged, quite unashamedly, about the service and why we were not paying the charge. It is important to note we did not say we were not paying it, we simply said we wished to settle it separately at that point. He also attempted to justify his behaviour by saying he wished to know as a means of improving service in the future, which we all found disingenuous as his protestation was obvious. He even had the audacity to say most people pay more than the service charge billed.

When we told him we felt one of the waiters behaved in a rude manner, he immediately contested this and asserted "no-one is rude here". We had to explain we were not complaining, we just wished to use our discretion about the amount we wanted to tip. He begrudgingly removed the service charge from the bill after we pleaded with him not to push the point before it ruined the entire evening, yet he made it explicitly clear we would be required to pay it next time we visit.

Well, I'm afraid there won't be a next time after that experience, which is a shame because the food was superb, but we were simply not happy about being treated like that. BE WARNED - there is nothing discretionary about the service charge.

13  Thank Leo1672
Reviewed September 29, 2012

After 5 weeks in Oz , eating out most nights - it was great to go to a restaurant where it wasn't youngsters being functional - but waiters who take pride in doing their job as professional as they can , using their experience and talents to glide around you and make you feel so special. I have to mention Franco who was just exceptional - made me feel as if I was a celebrate - it was great experience to feel evert penny you spent - was well spent. My partner and myself are looking forward to the next opportunity to be yummied. Thanks Guys - great service.