“Food is excellent”
Review of The Wine Circle

The Wine Circle
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Circle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is excellent”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We were free for one evening in the area and picked the restaurant from tripadvisor because we enjoy interesting interpretations of food and also wine. It is clear that this restaurant would not be everybody's cup of tea, but we enjoyed the good selection of wine, the good food and the relaxed atmosphere.

Virginia Water, United Kingdom
“Favourite Spot”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My wife and I are frequent diners at the Wine Circle. I travel extensively world wide and always look forward to great meal at the WC. In my opinion, several things separate the WC from other spots:
*Friendly service with a personal touch
*Owners who take time to get to know their customers
*a willingness to personalise your order based on your own personal preference (love the garlicky green beans with crispy garlic pieces, best I've ever had)
*Terrific and unique menu with specials like springbok, ostrich, venison, chili beef, guinea fowl, fresh oysters, etc
* great regular menu with favourites like salmon cakes, blu burger, and chili prawns
*special events like wine tastings, christmas dinners, quiz nights, master classes
*comfortable and welcoming environment. You can linger over a meal and browse internet, knock out some work, etc with free wifi
*by joining the wine club, you can knock off 25% of every meal and get discounts on wine at the shop up the street
*And in the rare occasion when food or service was not up to standard, the staff responds appropriately and makes it right

Even our picky19 year old son has become a fan of the WC,especially the US beef burger

We know that when we visit the WC, we will have a pleasant time and and great meal

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank T2M3
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Great food, wine, atmosphere and lovely staff”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Have dined here on many occasions but felt compelled to review now after seeing a recent comment about here which in my opinion is so wrong! The staff are delightful, friendly and very efficient. The food produced here is of the highest quality and prepared by a great team of chefs. The owners enthusiasm and dedication to their customers is superb. I have been to many special wine dinners and had great evenings of top drawer food and wine. Keep up the good work Wine Circle, wish there were more places like yours.

• Visited September 2012
Surrey
“Wierd Atmosphere and Expensive”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had breakfast there some time ago. Grossly overpriced, in my view. Weird atmosphere. Staff generally seem edgy and despondent maybe because they are reportedly paid (bearing in mind this is THE richest postcode in the UK ) absolute minimum wage, and the owners apparently even cream off a proportion of the tips! Sort of like working for Fagin, but without the corporate care. I nearly threw up my expensive eggs when I found that out.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank TRBSurrey
“Good selection of fresh ingredients”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We have eaten here several times.

The menu is seasonal and uses fresh ingredients.

I cannot fault anything that we have had so far!

• Visited April 2012