“Superb fish and chips; great service.”
Review of Finnigans

Finnigans
Order Online
Ranked #56 of 222 Restaurants in Sutton
Reviewed June 3, 2019

I always try and go to Finnegan's when I am in Sutton. The eat-in restaurant has a lovely ambience and the staff are welcoming, helpful and delightful. The newish layout of the restaurant has been improved further. Today, I had a large plaice - one of the best I've ever had. It came freshly cooked, with a generous helping of chips, a mini side-salad and crusty bread and butter. Could not be bettered. My total bill including a soft drink was just over £13 - superb value. Fish can be steamed, grilled or fried to choice. I love my fish and chips, but Finnegan's is in a better league than most.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 30, 2018

I normally buy takeaway but my friend and I came here on Friday for lunch. She was not disappointed. I knew that the food would be outstanding as they cook it fresh to order. The regular cod is large and the large cod is extra large. Their chips are delicious. No oven chips unlike some restaurants! Staff always greet you and always say goodbye. Good customer service is hard to find these days, but this team have got it spot on.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 5, 2018

Got the lunchtime deal, regular cod and chips +drink for £6.50 not expecting much, turned out to be one of the best fish and chips I've had for ages. For a regular portion this was a chunky piece of cod and the chips were perfectly cooked. There was also a selection of burgers and cheesy chips. The decor is nice and clean and there is a restaurant at he back which I will definitely be visiting soon.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Today was the 2nd time I have been to this restaurant. Cod and chips dinner was delicious. Battered cod was just right. The meal comes with French bread and butter, together with a salad garnish. Service good.Definatly paying a visit each time I shop in Sutton

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

Really good quality fish and chips and nice staff. Fish cooked to order so expect to wait for a short time. Restaurant in the back too. Has been refurbished recently. Chips are good so that says it all! Can be found on the delivery companies too.

Date of visit: January 2018