“Nice place”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sutton
“Nice place”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a nice hotel for business trips. However access wasdifficult on sunday night as trains from London stopped in West Sutton and not in Sutton. No taxi at West Sutton, a bus every hour. Finally 30 minutes walk and it was raining

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on the Holiday Inn London. As we are quite "surprised" about your comment regarding the train service we have checked this once again and on a Sunday evening there are direct train connections from London Victoria Station to Sutton with the last train to leave London Victoria at 23.19hr to arrive in Sutton Station just after midnight as it makes 7 stops between London Victoria and Sutton. Sutton station itself is a mere 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
We can only aplogise for the fact that you were only to find a train to West Sutton as well no taxi's available at West Sutton to take you directly to the hotel. If this would happen in the future again, please call the hotel directly as we would be happy to collect you from that station accordingly.

Yours sincerely,

Holiday Inn London Sutton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stay in this hotel two or three times a month, but this is the first time I've had a chance to write a review.
At the most basic level, it's a Holiday Inn like many of that ilk. However what sets this hotel apart are the management and staff. They are just so friendly, welcoming and helpful it is amazing. No job too big or too small. Rooms are standard, but a wee bit above average. Great dining room for all meals. If I had one complaint, it would be the prices in the bar. They are double the local average but there you go.
Anyway, my favourite hotel in this area and my first choice when staying in London

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback with us with reference to your recent stay at the hotel. As vyou can understand we are very happy to read comments like this, especially about the staff attitude, and we will certainly share this with all of them.
looking forward to welcome you back again to the hotel in the near future,

Birmingham
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I last stayed here in 1991 so this stay combined business and some nostalgia for me.

Things don't seem to have changed all that much over the years. The staff were warm and friendly, the room, spacious with chairs and table as well as the standard desk. The bathroom was clean and presentable but starting to show its age.

Breakfast served in the restaurant was a buffet arrangement. A very good selection of fresh fruit, cereals and the usual hot assortment to set you up for the day. On one of my nights I ordered room service, again excellent food.

The niggles, you had to pay for parking (£7.00 per day). Then there were charges for wifi/internet access. Charges that high that the average person would get a months worth of home broadband for the rates being charged here for just 24hrs worth of access. Energetic guests can be heard through the walls here too.

All that being said, would I stay here again, yes and no. The room rate in itself is not too bad when you consider location/facilities etc but factor in all the 'extras' and much like the budget airlines, suddenly the deal doesn't look quite so attractive.

Room Tip: The fourth floor has the 'executive' rooms on it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time in sharing with us your experience during your recent stay at the hotel. We appreciate your nice comments on our staff and its services, something we will share with all staff accordingly.
I can inform you that in 2013 a full refurb is taken place of all bathrooms in the standard rooms (i.e. 85 rooms).
With reference to the WIFI/Broadband I can only state at present that this is being provided by a external company, hence the selling prices. I do know it is being looked at at present. When staying next at the hotel please contact me directly as I can assure you we will be able to assist you with the internet access accordingly.
Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future,

NORWOOD
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 3 years ago and just got back again after 8 days there, I would not stay anywhere else, Everyone is so nice and treated me and my family like Royalty.
The wait staff, reception, and everyone, cannot say enough about them. Shout out to Noreen, she was excellent as well as her coworkers, thanks to you all.
So close to down town and trains.
Food excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I hereby would like to thank you for your lovely comments on our staff, especially Noreen and I can assure you we will share these comments with all staff concerned.

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel over a weekend in September 2012.
We were dissappointed that the staff allowed their guests to run amok and cause problems for the other guests.
I would not recommend this hotel not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your thought on your hotelexperience with us. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your weekend stay. We have noticed you stayed during the weekend we are organising one of our "Over 30-events" , a event which takes place every month in our hotel since September 2010, but have cancelled as from January 2013, due to the inconvenience it was causing our other guests.
Once again, our sincere apologies.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

As per previous Holiday Inns I have stayed in, all the comforts of home and reasonably priced, great town location and very handy for the shops and night life. Just one downside to my stay on one of the nights in the restaurant service very slow had to chase the staff after 30 minutes for starter. The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean and tidy.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us, highly appreciated. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused with reference to your comment about the slow restaurant service. I have to admit we had a little "challenge" in our kitchen for the last 2 weeks of September, something we have rectified accordingly.

Your sincerely,

newcastle
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the past few years and it has always been a nice place to stay. The bar and restaurant are pleasant and the staff friendly and helpful. they seemed to have stopped selling steaks by the gram (a more complicated way of ordering your food I have never come across) so the menu is easy to understand if, in my opinion, less varied than the Room Service menu.
Rooms are large and clean with a choice of hard and soft pillows provided on the beds. There is a small gym and a pool in the basement that are free to use for guests.
One of the really good things about this hotel is the fact that you are not as far from central London as you may expect. The railway station is about 10 minutes walk away and Victoria is a further 25-30 minutes away and through trains go to St Pancras via Blackfriars and Thames City Link making a commute into either Westminster or the City an easy option, but at a much lower cost than a Central London hotel.
There is a large car park which I have never failed to get a space in, regardless of arrival time. If the car park is full a multi-storey car park is located just across the road.
Nice hotel, nice staff and a good location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rapidresponder
GeneralManager5_9, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Sutton, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We notice that you must be a regular visitor to the hotel as you can still remember the "Steak by Weight" promotion. You may have noticed now that our menus have been adjusted accordingly and we follow the concept "Best of British", which indeed includes a variety of steaks and grills.
We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Marco J. Frik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton
Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs
Hilton London Croydon
Hilton London Croydon
#7 of 24 in Croydon
Premier Inn Epsom South Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London Sutton? Share your experiences!