We have just returned from a week away and this was the 3rd Holiday Inn of the trip and we definately saved the best till last. I had originally planned to stay at the hotel on Epsom Downs but decided it was a little far out from the town for us, this hotel proved to be just perfect. We were greeted by a very friendly young lady on reception who checked us in with a smile and gave directions to our room, room 218. This was on the 2nd floor and wow what a size, 2 double beds, seating area and nice big bathroom with shower and bath. As we were travelling with 2 seven year olds it was great to have a seating area for us and a bit of space for them. Directions were given from reception for local attractions and nothing was too much trouble, all 3 ladies who were on reception were helpful and very friendly, top marks for customer service ladies!! We decided to breakfast in the hotel and the selection of food was excellent, we had porridge the first morning which was delicious and even though we were very late coming down we did not feel rushed and a good selection of food was available, the waiting staff were very friendly especially 1 lady who was joking with my son, he thought she was great. Day 2 was even better with a very nice omelette prepared fresh for me by the chef. Full marks to the kitchen for the breakfast on both days. Our room was kept very clean and the whole hotel looked great.
We used the leisure facilities and found them to be very well run and spotlessly clean, staff friendly, especially the man on duty on Friday morning, he was very welcoming and made a point of saying goodbye and wishing us a good trip home. We did eat in the restaurant on our last evening, kids eat free and we found this to be very good value for money. As others have commented the restaurant was not busy, when we came down at 6.30pm we were the only people in there, it did get busier after 7.30 though. We did find the customer service overall excellent, the food in the restaurant delicious and although not cheap we thought was very good value for money, our boys declared it was the nicest meal they had eaten all week and definitely want to return, we agree and will definitely use this hotel again if in the area. Just a suggestion, although ice is free from room service a fridge in the room would be greatly appreciated, when travelling with children or for a few days it makes such a difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn London-Sutton, a modern, full service hotel situated in the heart of Sutton town centre. Perfectly located for many famous Surrey & South London attractions and events Chessington World of Adventure, Wimbledon All England Tennis Club and Epsom Racecourse to name a few. The Holiday Inn, Sutton is easily accessible from Croydon to the east, Kingston to the west, Wimbledon to the north and from the M25 to the south. The hotel has 119 air conditioned bedrooms, including 4 suites, 2 DDA rooms as well 20 Executive rooms all which have en suite facilities, including high speed internet access (HSIA). Kids stay and eat free*. Our Hotel restaurant, lounge and bar offering tempting dishes from around the world including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Squiggles Lounge also offers wireless internet connections. The Holiday Inn Meetings Network Rooms and Orchard Suite are self contained on the first floor. A well known venue which comfortably seats 160 for a celebratory meal, or 200 for a corporate meeting. Spirit Health Club, located within the hotel, is open to members and residents. The gymnasium, indoor heated pool, spa, sauna & steam rooms are available to residents on a complimentary basis. *Terms and conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn London Sutton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Sutton Hotel Sutton
- Sutton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London Sutton Surrey, UK