“Mr Mrs”

Ranked #19 of 222 Restaurants in Sutton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Brasserie Vacherin is a traditional French brasserie brought to you by award winning chef Malcolm John. Like the best Parisian brasseries, the atmosphere is relaxed, the menu is varied to suit all tastes and the service is professional and friendly. The bistro style décor features regional French pictures on the walls and the creative lighting makes it a stylish, contemporary space, popular with locals enjoying lunch, post-work drinks or a memorable evening out. A pretty, secluded garden is that perfect spot to enjoy some alfresco food & drinks.
Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

Ok bit pricey service not good had to wait ages for drinks and food not particularly busy that night if you don't mind waiting was OK

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Had the Groupon three course, menu uninspiring and service very slow and haphazard - only two waiting staff for a busy lunchtime. It's a pity, like eating here also at Croydon

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

I organised a boys day out to Ladies Day and startled with this 3 course lunch with a glass of vino and coffee included.

It was great value for money at £26.50 for two. Some ordered mussels (average), beetroot salad (nice) AND French onion soup (tasty).

The risotto was generous in portion, haddock was on a bed of cherry tomatoes so you do need sides, chicken liver which were nice and I had the burger with blue cheese which was on the small side.

Deserts were good and the service was acceptable. I would like to try this place in the evening but still a consistent eaterie.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

A superb meal! Confit of Duck with Cherries was truly exceptional as were the campagne cocktails. The spinach and mushroom side dishes were cooked and seasoned to perfection. Really looking forward to our next visit!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 27, 2019

There for Sunday lunch. Not busy to begin with but other couples had just arrived as we left. We chose from the hanging board of that day's "specials" and it was a good choice. We both had the sliced green asparagus with mozzarella cheese, which I followed with the venison and mashed potato, and my wife the whole sea bass and a bucket of chips. The venison was cooked medium as I asked though I felt the mashed potato was missing some salt; I made up for it by tucking into my wife's helping of chips! I finished with the cherry and almond tart in short pastry. As it was lunchtime, we did not have a full bottle of wine and elected to have 1/2 litre chenin blanc. Service from our Greek waiter was cheerful and efficient. all in all, a good place again for Sunday lunch - especially as minutes from Sutton Railway Station

Date of visit: May 2019