“Great food”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I recently moved back to Sutton after seven years of living in central London and decided to check out some of the new restaurants that have sprung up. Brasserie Vacherin was the first and so far the best.

My main course was crab which was on special and it was amazing whilst my partner had lamb which was also pretty tasty.

We tried two bottles of red off the wine menu, one rioja and one house, and both seemed excellent value.

I can't say that the decor does anything for me but the service, especially for a packed out Friday night was fantastic.

£100ish for two 3-course meals plus two bottles of wine I feel was more than fair.

We've been again recently for steak lunch and we're just as impressed.

London, United Kingdom
“Steak out value!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I visited Brasserie Vacherin several times in January for meals with friends and had the excellent value 'steak out' meal each time. £10 for a beautifully cooked sirloin steak, chips and salad garnish plus a glass of wine is unbeatable. Highly recommended.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Laura K
sutton surrey
“Poor service, rude waiter and you useless chef !”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Having been here a number of times before we choose to go here for my partner’s birthday meal with a few friends. We all ordered the steak. I asked for mine to be medium - well done cooked however it was very rare. I told the waiter this and he took it back to the kitchen. Having waited another 10 minutes he brought it back to me to find it was still very rare. Surely the chef knows the difference?? The waiter argued with me saying it was medium to well done and I was shocked by his poor attitude. My friend had ordered the same as me and having compared both steaks mine was def bloody and rare. At this point everyone had nearly finished their meal. The thing that upset me the most was the attitude of our waiter. He couldn’t care less that he had ruined our meal and so we left without me eating anything. I will not be going back here again after being a loyal customer for a long time. Not happy and would NOT recommend.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Top quality food, presentation and service in this restaurant and a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
Really attractive, professional waitresses just added to the evening and the service was better than most places so well worth a visit.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank johnp43
Banstead, United Kingdom
“Excellent for the area, best in Sutton”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Lets face it, there's nothing else in Sutton that can match this place. It's as if Malcolm John has chosen gourmet wastelands to try and build a reputation and he certainly succeeded with this and Le Cassoulet in South Croydon. The latter has now closed leaving only Alberts Table if you want something to write home about. This place offers a menu Prix fixe which is good value if a little limited and their wine list needs a reasonably priced house wine to go with it. Staff are friendly, the atmosphere is authentically French and the food very good but there are jarring moments like terrible fries, tiny portions of vegetables which should be cheaper, charging twice for bread if you ask for more ( ask yourself which was the last actual French restaurant you went to where they charged you for bread instead of putting it on the table as often as you emptied the basket.) But, smoked haddock lovely, scallops with black pudding also, so overall very good. One final quibble is that the automatic 12.5 per cent service goes to the management rather than the person who serves you which is a practice that ought to be outlawed.