Tripadvisor

“not worth it”
Review of German Doner Kebab

German Doner Kebab
Ranked #12 of 15 Quick Bites in Sutton
Description: Our company was established in Germany over 30 years ago and has built up to more than 45 branches worldwide, all selling high quality Doner Kebabs. We serve 100% lean succulent meat in handmade breads with fresh crisp salad and a choice of our three signature sauces. German Doner Kebab. Kebabs done right.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

got a salad doner box, was basically 50% chips 40% salad and 10% meat. it wasn’t even good quality meat never will come again.

Date of visit: January 2020
GermanDonerKebab, Marketing at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review and for bringing this to our attention.
We’re very disappointed about this experience and we want you to know that we have been in touch with the branch to alert them of this issue and to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
We do hope that despite this, we will see you in store again soon.

Write a reviewReviews (25)

Reviewed November 30, 2019

Very bad experience again it’s like the doner was torn by hand
Undercooked meat looked like dog food
Ruined my appetite horrible I actually threw it away

Date of visit: November 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Hello Jai7107,

We’re very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience in one of our restaurants. This is absolutely not the standard we expect at GDK so we want you to know that we have been in touch with the Sutton branch to alert them of this issue to ensure that it doesn't happen again. We do hope that despite this, you'll give us another chance and we'll see you in store again.

Reviewed November 26, 2019 via mobile

Dear team

I have had a horrible experience with the owner of the Sutton branch. He looked Lebanese’s, he never gave me his name & when I called to get his name he knew who it was & hung the phone on me several times. He was absolutely rude and unprofessional I would never recommend anyone go there again as he was rude & knew nothing. So I went to the Sutton branch and placed my order of 4 junior meals which he said does not come with chips, clearly on the menu it states it comes with burger chips, drink & also 3 signature sauces he kept saying it doesn’t come with it. I made him read it properly & only then did he stop having a go. Then I ordered 4 normal German doners also on top of the junior meals. I then said I work for the nhs & he refused to give me discount, bare in mind I’ve been there so many times & they give blue light nhs discount all the time also other stores do too. He refused and said they don’t give it I said to him how comes I come here all the time and I’ve always got it & it’s also on the nhs website so why are you saying you don’t. He got extremely rude while I was checking my nhs account I said to him he doesn’t need to get rude & he said show me then and stood there with a lot of authority as though he’s a security man I think he forgot where he worked at that point, he also said he’s the store owner. While I was checking another lady came and told him they do discount and comes under uniform discount. He walked off in the back before I could say anything to him, as he was so rude and talked down to me. He never came out after that, I went to another shop while they made my order when I came back I checked the bags to see all my food was there and they didn’t put sauces. I asked the lady that the sauces are not in there and she said it doesn’t come with them. She said they only come with meals, I told her I’ve bought 4 meals so why haven’t I got it. She said it doesn’t comes with the junior meals also though in the advertisement it clearly says 3 signature sauces included I told her that it she kept making stupid excuses. I then bought 4 sauces and then in that time the ‘owner’ came to the front and I said you know now that you do discount and he said yes I do & this is now your last order you are placing in this store. I asked why and he walked off and ignored me. Highly rude customer service from him and his staff and banned me for now reason all coz he was wrong about nhs discount and felt like a fool in the end. I walked off and called the store at 19:10 to find out his name he picked up and I was asking his name he told me a girls name ‘Amara’ I’m not stupid & in all honestly if you are hiring people like that, that have no manners or customer service skills no many people will go there. I said to him I’m not stupid so can you give me your name he realises who it was and hung up. I called 5 times but they never answered. This was a horrible experience and he never gave his name in the end. But he looked foreign and had an accent would have helped if I had his name but he refused to give it. Very rude and I banning me coz he’s stupid and doesn’t know much for an ‘owner’. I’m very disheartened and feel that he SHOULD have handled it better then he did. He was wrong not me so why am I getting told it’s my last order.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 19, 2019

Ordered the go large gym box, which arrived in a very small sized box, and half full. I called the restaurant as i thought there may have been a mixup and they accidentally filled it half way or gave me a smaller size, but they said it's the right portion size and because i asked for no salad that's why the box was half empty. 12 pounds for a tiny portion of doner. Oh, and when speaking to the store, they shut the phone on me TWICE. I could have dealt with ordering again as the doner does taste good but with that type of customer service, never ever again!!! It's a shame they're so rude to local or any customers they could be generating repeat business from.

Date of visit: October 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2019

Hello Amina A,
First of all let us just start by saying many thanks for taking the time to leave our Sutton branch of German Doner Kebab a review.
Secondly, we would like to apologise on behalf of the branch for the quality of service you received as this is absolutely not the standard we aim to have at GDK.
We would like you to know that we have been in touch with the branch to make them aware of this issue and to ensure it does not happen again!
In regards to our portion sizes, these vary depending on the order however the containers remain the same size. When asking for 'No Salad', we do not replace the salad with more meat or chips which means that the box will ultimately not look as full.
Please feel free to head to our website www.germandonerkebab.com/contact & fill out a contact form if you wish to provide us with more details and our customer support team will be in touch.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

I was just googling German kebab sutton to order food and saw it only had 3 stars on here. WHAT

I dont know about eating in but we had take away and it was amazing, fresh, tasty, hot, more gourmet kebab than your 2am greasy kebab.

Order and see for yourself

Date of visit: September 2019
GermanDonerKebab, Guest Relations Manager at German Doner Kebab, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Hello suziekirk2002,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your review of German Doner Kebab in Sutton!
We are absolutely delighted that you have enjoyed many wonderful experiences in our restaurant and enjoyed some delicious food each time too!
We look forward to having you back in again for more very soon.