“Unexpected Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bertram Bees
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Westcott
Cuisines: British, Bar, Cafe, International, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We invite you to visit Bertram Bees. Unwind and enjoy the very best artisan food, coffee, tea, wine and beer in an environment rich with local art that is welcoming, tranquil, and a world away from fast food. At Bertram Bees you will find only the very best in local and continental fare, presented with high levels of service and attention to detail sadly missing in everyday life. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, a mid-morning or afternoon indulgence or one of our evening platters or specials. Join us in the bar for a great range of wine and local craft ales from the Hogs Back and Tillingbourne Breweries.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Found this wonderful place by accident. The owners daughter is delightful and a credit to her family. The interior is wonderful. It makes you feel comfortable as soon as you enter. The food was welcome and so delicious. The shop was closed by the time we finished so I think a return journey is in order. A perfect end to a walk in the countryside.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 3818919

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best birthday party ever :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had my 40th birthday party at Bertram Bees and it was an absolutely brilliant party!!!
We had a live band playing in the the 'Shebeen' and the staff really went the extra mile to make it a very special night. They decorated the place with candles and re-arranged all the sofas so it was exactly how I wanted it. The food was amazing, all locally sourced ingredients and really tasty. We had a selection of bruschettas with different toppings from smoked salmon to spicy vegetables, best party food I have ever had. The staff really looked after us, making sure all the guests had drinks and plenty of food. I would definitely recommend it as a party venue.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Cristina K
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Came here after a long walk with muddy wellies and there was no fuss about that, which was great. Just left them by the fireplace. Service was very friendly and quick. We had the meat and cheese platter for two which waa amazing. Their homemade foccacia is the best I've had. Gorgeous inside and reasonably priced for what you get.

1 Thank Mooki29
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Ladies' networking meeting Tuesday, 11th February 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was already a fan of Bertam Bees, but I was even more impressed after I arranged to hold a networking lunch for local business women there. Dan was really helpful and attentive. We received chilled glasses of wine on arrival and enjoyed beautifully presented and delicious platters of cheeses, meats, olives, pickles and breads. A perfect venue for a small meeting - tastefully decorated and furnished, friendly atmosphere and free parking. I would also highly recommend Bertrams for lunch, afternoon tea or even just pop in for a coffee. Everything is delicious, home-cooked and freshly prepared. So thank you Dan and Bertrams for being so welcoming on Tuesday; we all appreciated the lovely food and venue!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Wendy S
“Inviting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Bertram Bees is a lovely place, and a few of my friends are regulars. The staff is friendly, the deli counter enticing and the interior inviting. I had one of the specials of the day (a Mediterranean vegetable fold-over of sorts) which was tasty but very oily. While I wouldn't choose that again the comfortable setting and relaxed atmosphere will, I'm sure, lure me back another time.

• Visited February 2014