See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 27, 2017

We stayed at this hotel overnight with friends whilst in the area.

On arrival we were welcomed and we were told our room was ready for us. Our rooms were on different floors because we hadn't booked under the same name, but that really didn't matter, after all we were only here for one night.

We were immediately given the wi-fi code (without asking) by the hotel receptionist.

We found our room easily and on opening the door, we found it to be spotlessly clean, which to us is the most important thing. We have to say the room was a little dated and could do with a little upgrading, but the bed was comfortable and gave us a good nights sleep.

They have a well stocked bar with most drinks available. As for food we are unable to comment as we didn't eat here.

If we found ourselves in the area again needing a room, then we would have no hesitation in staying here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Have only just booked in but the welcome and service already has me smiling. Rooms were hurried for us to have somewhere to change as we were early for a wedding. Decor a delightful reminder of the 1970's which is genuinely a pleasure, to much modern minimalist, scatter cushioned, crap these days. Keep this place as it is.....five stars.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2017

Checked in, room smelt of cigarette smoke and paint peeling off walls, dirty carpet. (Most rooms had no smoking signs on door this one didnt)! I had specified non smoking room! Changed rooms was exactly the same + dirty glasses and hairs on bed sheets. Spoke to reception they said as we had booked through booking.com that couldn't refund us even though it was pay hotel directly. Manager refused to give name even though sat in front of us! She agreed to give us a refund eventually. A couple of hours later received a threatening phone call from the hotel saying they are charging my card cause there were dirty glasses in the room! Which we hadn't used and expressed they were already dirty! I would never use this hotel again big mistake! Unprofessional staff/manger disgusting rooms! Was left out of pocket as I had to pay for another hotel nearby!

Room tip: Choose a different hotel as all rooms are well below the standard they appear in the pictures.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2017

I'm not going to bore you repeating other reviews. But I really would't recommend you stay here. Our room was awful. The toilet seat was broken, literally you couldn't sit on it without it moving. The taps weren't fitted properly so that when you turned them on they wobbled about. The bottom sheet was not big enough for the bed so it didn't tuck in. The bed was squeaky and the duvet was definitely NOT snug as advertised. I could go on and on about the decor - dirty walls, cracks, broken door frame - and on and on and on. We didn't have much for breakfast because we were worried about the state of the kitchen considering the condition of the hotel. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND STAY HERE. It is no cheaper than other hotels in the area that include breakfast in the price of the room.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2017

I booked this hotel about three weeks prior to my arrival at the end of May. On the night I checked in the receptionist informed me that I did NOT have a room reserved. I told her I'd booked well in advance, she checked the emails to find my reservation but no-one at that hotel had bothered to check me in! They asked if there was anywhere else I would like to stay FFS!!!! They did not offer to pay the difference or really offer me anything to compensate, oh apart from a complimentary drink at the bar! I HAD TO DRIVE TO ANOTHER HOTEL!! They couldn't even find me another hotel... by this time it was 8.45pm so I phoned a hotel I'd stayed at which was even further away and more expensive. I was lucky to get 3 nights there but had to find another alternative for my last night, this one was even more expensive! In all I paid £80 more than if I had got a room at the Bridge House hotel.

I went through Bookings.com and wrote a review there, which still has not been resolved, or printed.

Room tip: pick another hotel
Date of stay: May 2017